Champions League Games | Quarter-Finals | 9/10/16/17 April '24

What annoys me about it is that there are a lot of new—particularly American fans—who are just starting to watch the CL via Paramount+ that will just take whatever he is saying (whether he tries to play it off as a joke or not) as reflective of reality.

And I genuinely think some of the stuff he and a few others say to demean and/or diminish the club’s accomplishments are designed for that intention.

I know many on here don’t care about new fans, as they tend to be bandwagoners, but their perception now impacts future perception and can taint the wider fan recollection (as memories are always revisionist).

It is City's misfortune that its rise as a club coincided fairly well with the influx of out-of-work former Liverpool and United players at a loose end into the media, with no particular qualification other than that they were at formerly successful clubs between about 1970 and 2010. And that their deep-seated hostility to City is all the more rooted in that City have taken the mantle that they considered to be theirs by divine right.
And that those players-turned-pundits are responsible for “educating” this new global public as to the actual history of English football.

If there's one game where you want to see full-on shithousery next week, tune in to Borussia against Atlético. The latter will feel that they can get the necessary draw by smashing the German players just the right side of a red card, and falling over at every available opportunity to completely break up the rhythm of the game. It will not be pretty.
Imagine what they’d be like to play in a final!

Watching Atletico's second goal, I'm not sure why more teams don't try that. Most sides switch off completely when the ball goes out for a throw and can be caught by a long one over the top. Even if they stop the throw going through they're scrambling to defend the second ball. Seems that Griezmann, Bowen and Thomas Muller are the only players who remember you can't be offside from a throw.

What annoys me about it is that there are a lot of new—particularly American fans—who are just starting to watch the CL via Paramount+ that will just take whatever he is saying (whether he tries to play it off as a joke or not) as reflective of reality.

And I genuinely think some of the stuff he and a few others say to demean and/or diminish the club’s accomplishments are designed for that intention.

I know many on here don’t care about new fans, as they tend to be bandwagoners, but their perception now impacts future perception and can taint the wider fan recollection (as memories are always revisionist).
Good post, that’s exactly what the feral scumbag is doing. The bit where they were giving their CL predictions and spitty threw in the 115 charges just as a little reminder to the audience to hate us and remind them of how football thinks we got out success even though there’s absolutely no truth to it, was ****ish. Would love it if Henry or that clown Richards would sneak in “be careful you kids out there if you see Carragher in the car”. Absolutely shocking CBS continue to keep him his job. Wasn’t that long that he had a pop at Kate Aldo. He’s at it every week and no one seems to care. Typical dipper gets away with murder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.