Champions League Games | Quarterfinals | 11/12 April '23

I only watched the brief highlights but from what I saw neither Madrid nor Chelsea were particularly impressive. I think if we beat Bayern again it's ours.
I would never underestimate Real in the Champions League. Last night I think they played as well as necessary against a very poor Chelsea side.

He served us well and felt he needed another challenge. No-one is asking you to 'kiss his feet' and why you are happy to see him (in your opinion) 'fail' is very strange imo.

It all seems a bit scouse to me...I see you joined BM in July 2022. Were you a Liverpool fan before we signed Haaland by any chance?
You joined in 2012. Were you a United fan before the season we lead at the top for quite a bit?

Watched the game last night & R Madrid didnt look much but have players who can hurt us. Won't have a 37 Yr old Ferny playing fullback against Vinicius
Now you’ve gone and done it.

Looking forward to seeing how Carson does at right back.

I look at it like this
We have been drawn against the only team that imo would beat us in Bayern.

The 2nd leg imo will be our hardest & no doubt being City on a mad journey for 95 minutes

We pull through that game then no body will beat us this time

Knowing Liverpool are out, we have nobody to fear

It's in Citys hands

I think we've all made the mistake of dismissing Real Madrid just because they don't look like a great side on paper. Their record speaks for itself. Are we a better team? Of course. But they always find a way to win these ties. One major benefit of the draw is that we clear out two of the three most dangerous teams in the competition. Bayern, Real or Napoli in a single game would be tough. We can get rid of two with the draw we got, and hopefully Napoli fall victim to having all Italian ties and that added spice. They're only 1-0 down so can still get through, but hopefully Milan beat them.

It's good that we go to Real in the first leg. I think that suits us more. Nullify them, try to win the game and then bring them back to ours for sweet revenge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.