OCTOBER

18/19 October 2011 - Champions League MD3

NOVEMBER

1/2 November 2011 - Champions League MD4

22/23 November 2011 - Champions League MD5

DECEMBER

6/7 December 2011 - Champions League MD6

16 December 2011 - Draw for Champions League last 16

I wonder when we will look at the CL draw and think "I'm not bothered who we get because we can go anywhere and beat anyone"?

I would just love to follow a team that justifiably believes itself to be the best in the world, but carries itself without the stench of arrogance that comes from the swamp. I would also love to follow a team that regularly picks up trophies and expects to do so but never takes that success for granted. I would love to follow a team that has the financial muscle to attract any player in the world, yet still contains a healthy dose of academy kids in the first team squad. I would love to follow a team which is generous and respectful to opponents who have conducted themselves well and to opposition fans who are a credit to their team and our game.

These things can be done. Some of these boxes we already tick. Others we are working towards.

brad the blue said:
we'd all better start saving up now, just in case we get milan. 9euros for a beer!! ouch!
We stayed in Milan for the Juve game, there was dear places but we were getting pints for 5 euro in most places - still dear but nowhere near 9 euro

I want german / Austrian teams personally amazing place to go on tour.

Rammyblues said:
I am quiet happy to wait for the draw rather than second guess, but I would rather think the other European sides will be more worried about drawing us in their group. Personally we seemed to have turned a corner this year and have learned how to win in the games that matter including beating a finalist in this years CL final. On our day we can beat any of the clubs irrespective of what pot or group we are in, let them worry about us I am not worrying about them. :-)

This..

there are 2 Spanish teams in each of Pots 1 & 2

Pot 1 - Real Madrid, Barca
Pot 2 - Valencia, Villareal (assuming they qualify)

so if we are to get one of them, it'd most likely come from Pot 1 (RM or Barca) cos their teams from Pot 2 will most likely face an English team from Pot 1 (Rags, Chelsea or Arsenal)

S04 said:
Rammyblues said:
I am quiet happy to wait for the draw rather than second guess, but I would rather think the other European sides will be more worried about drawing us in their group. Personally we seemed to have turned a corner this year and have learned how to win in the games that matter including beating a finalist in this years CL final. On our day we can beat any of the clubs irrespective of what pot or group we are in, let them worry about us I am not worrying about them. :-)

This..

That.

de niro said:
S04 said:
Rammyblues said:

This..

That.
+1

Wouldn't be City if we didn't get the best of each Pot, would it?! WHO CARES?! Spurs showed the ENGLISH GAME is strong enough to carry teams willing to attack at speed DEEP into the Knockout Stages.

I'm assuming RM will try the "win at home, don't lose away" technique of advancement, but hope we are strong enough to beat a few on their turf. We CAN, but will we?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.