champions league home games

Rosstoss14 said:
its just down to price In my opinion, charging £35 a ticket for some, if not most people is not really doable when your already shelling out £500 on a season ticket.

Of course everyone wants to watch champions league football.

I'll be there though. ;)

plus ive just been on the ticket site and theres only a few left in each block as far as im aware.

good shout
why dont they sell too seasoncard holders for the first four days at a reduced rate of £25 and then put them on general sale at £35 never mind all this crap about card holders with 6000 points then 5000 points etc etc

You need to look at which clubs would have much bigger attendances than us for a match like this if they had bigger capacities: United who have been constantly winning trophies for the last 20 years, Liverpool who were doing the same for the previous 20 years. You could probably add Arsenal and possibly Chelsea into this. Anyone spotting a pattern?
We won the league last year and the FA Cup the previous year. Before that, nothing since 76. It takes time to build up these things and equally, it takes time for them to die. Look at Liverpool's legacy of all those years. They are still massively supported all over the country.
We just don't have the support in depth that some other clubs have.

takeabooson said:
Rosstoss14 said:
its just down to price In my opinion, charging £35 a ticket for some, if not most people is not really doable when your already shelling out £500 on a season ticket.

Of course everyone wants to watch champions league football.

I'll be there though. ;)

plus ive just been on the ticket site and theres only a few left in each block as far as im aware.

good shout
why dont they sell too seasoncard holders for the first four days at a reduced rate of £25 and then put them on general sale at £35 never mind all this crap about card holders with 6000 points then 5000 points etc etc

Points don't come into play for ST holders at home games. They are able to buy during a 2 -3 day window before they go on sale to members

Winning the Premier League>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Winning the Champions League. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the European nights and the trips around the continent and would love to win it, but it's the domestic league that is more important to me. Most I know feel the same.

Danny Hoekman said:
Winning the Premier League>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Winning the Champions League. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the European nights and the trips around the continent and would love to win it, but it's the domestic league that is more important to me. Most I know feel the same.

I'd agree with that every time about the importance of the league.
I do think the difference between £35 and say £25 a ticket would pull a lot more in. Its always a disappointment when that text arrives from the club the day before, inviting you to buy a ticket.

For me with a Blue membership this season I'm going to every home cup game I can get a ticket for, in all competitions, partly cos it's so much easier to get a ticket, and it's cheaper.

The other thing in the mix for me is a chance to make a day of it when I do get to go to weekend prem games, having a few scoops. I'm sure there are plenty of other supporters for who suppin' is an essential part of going to the match, and maybe a dry stadium on a midweek night also puts a few off going.

Hi Lads,
here some information from our fanzine:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.schwatzgelb.de/2012-08-31_warmup_cl_manchester-city-bvb_welcome-to-the-candy-shop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.schwatzgelb.de/2012-08-31_wa ... -shop.html</a>

Best wishes for the Game!
Cheers,
Tom

cheddar404 said:
You need to look at which clubs would have much bigger attendances than us for a match like this if they had bigger capacities: United who have been constantly winning trophies for the last 20 years, Liverpool who were doing the same for the previous 20 years. You could probably add Arsenal and possibly Chelsea into this. Anyone spotting a pattern?
We won the league last year and the FA Cup the previous year. Before that, nothing since 76. It takes time to build up these things and equally, it takes time for them to die. Look at Liverpool's legacy of all those years. They are still massively supported all over the country.
We just don't have the support in depth that some other clubs have.
Cheddar your spot on i dont see loads of new man city fans in bradford.All i see is Liverpool and Manchester united shirts

Black_Yellow_1909 said:
Hi Lads,
here some information from our fanzine:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.schwatzgelb.de/2012-08-31_warmup_cl_manchester-city-bvb_welcome-to-the-candy-shop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.schwatzgelb.de/2012-08-31_wa ... -shop.html</a>

Best wishes for the Game!
Cheers,
Tom

Interesting that Joe is identified as a weak spot

As a Blue card Member I got a text last night saying that the tickets were open sale for tomorrows game. I rang the club midday today to see if there were any tickets and the bloke said the tickets had now come off sale (even though there were some available) - if I wanted a ticket I would have to travel to the ground and get one tonight. I live 80 miles from Manchester and would have to take a few hours off to risk getting to the ground and finding that the tickets were sold out. The bloke in the ticket office actually advised me not to bother!

Problem is that (because of my job) I don't know if I can attend a midweek game until the day. Surely we can sell tickets on the afternoon of the game without having to buy them at the stadium?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.