champions league home games

danburge82 said:
The capacity of the Etihad is usually 47805. However UEFA restrict that to 45500 (dunno how we managed to get 46002 against München when it is restricted to lower than that) for Champions League games.

Most of the sites show total capacity of our stadium to be 47,726 - where have we got the extra 79 seats from.....?! lol - they call me stato for nowt :-)

jamielowndes said:
Midweek night. School night for small kids, people have work the next morning, plus its an extra £35 out of pocket per person.

That being said people get WAY too bent out of shape over shitty little things like a few empty seats. It doesnt fucking matter.

Bang on. 3 champions league games would be £100 just for the tickets, that's money i could spend on more important things for me and the family.

Then there's the sitting in traffic and getting home late, makes far more sense for myself to watch them on tv or online.

Should be included in the ST price, IMO. Ok we'd expect a slight rise if this became the case, but it is getting harder and harder to justify going to all the home games we have, how people do all home and aways is beyond me.

perhaps we should just stay mid table to top of championship with the odd flirt with division one?

no europe, knocked out in the second round of the league cup and the fourth round of the FA cup in a good year?

cant wait for this forum after real madrid tickets sell out in hours it will be the same no showers complaining about toutists and moaning like f**k, you have been warned,

quiet_riot said:
Should be included in the ST price, IMO. Ok we'd expect a slight rise if this became the case, but it is getting harder and harder to justify going to all the home games we have, how people do all home and aways is beyond me.

As it is I get tickets for home games no problem (apart from rags game). I pick and choose matches so it suits me and many others. Only games I struggle for are aways at small capacity grounds and finals. If CL tickets were bunged onto season tickets then you restrict new fans.

Brendan110_0 said:
quiet_riot said:

As it is I get tickets for home games no problem (apart from rags game). I pick and choose matches so it suits me and many others. Only games I struggle for are aways at small capacity grounds and finals. If CL tickets were bunged onto season tickets then you restrict new fans.
a very good point

swathes of empties, proof is in the pudding, way too expensive, families won't get change out of 100 quid and beyond, football clubs are treating matches like one off concerts and forgetting people watch their team every other week not once every year.

hate to see the ground empty, but the truth is city don't have a revolving fans base where another 40000 appear every other week, so many are rightly taking the decision to sit at home and watch it.

Have we actually attracted many new match going fans since we won the league or the F.A Cup?, i would suspect very very few and it is the same crew more or less who have always been there, i would say it dispels the notion that the Etihad is suddenly full of day trippers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.