Champions League | Last 16 | 5/6/12/13 Mar '24

Why is your striker and captain taking the 5th penalty? Deserved to miss just for wanting the potential personal glory making himself 5th pen. Best should always, always go first.
That's what happened though. Calanoglu is top from the spot and he did perfectly well.

I always look what big names could fail and I immediately thought "Martinez". Alexis another candidate. Too much angst to miss and blame..

keeper dives other way = great penalty
Oblak would still need be diving for Lautaro’s penalty. Two of them they would have been better of not moving at all. Several others they could have just stuck out a leg flamboyantly.

There were maybe three genuinely great penalties (“unsaveable”) and one good one that Oblak made a great save to keep out.

That's what happened though. Calanoglu is top from the spot and he did perfectly well.

I always look what big names could fail and I immediately thought "Martinez". Alexis another candidate. Too much angst to miss and blame..
There's no chance on earth acerbi is taking a penalty before Martinez in normal time.

There's no chance on earth acerbi is taking a penalty before Martinez in normal time.
Sorry, I have no idea why you think the last of 5 pens is less important. I have seen for decades German teams having top penalty takers as 1st and 5th. Many players decide in the moment how they feel for what position in a shootout.

Sorry, I have no idea why you think the last of 5 pens is less important. I have seen for decades German teams having top penalty takers as 1st and 5th. Many players decide in the moment how they feel for what position in a shootout.
Because you can go out after as little as 3 penalties and not even get to 5th

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.