Champions League Last 16 Draw | City v Sporting Clube de Portugal

Anyone going from Stansted on Sunday? I'm guessing they'll be a few as I know some are going there from Norwich.

I know footballers are well paid. But these lot would earn a damn sight more with their acting skills.
Soft gets the lot of them.

prepare for next week, they will try anything.
I would say that is true if you were playing Porto. Just watch the games againts you guys (Guardiola didn't hold back against Conceição, neither did Tuchel) or Chelsea.

Our biggest rivals are Benfica and shit like this doesn't happen against them, nor does it happen in the UCL. And guess what happens in Porto-Benfica. The exact same that happened today. The common denominator in the last 40 years of portuguese football in these situations is Porto. Impunity, pressure on officials, journalists and corruption scandals (including referees being bought off and chosen) have been a constant for 40 years in this country. I hate Benfica, big rivals, but I respect them and it is what it is. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win, but it is fair game with the usual hot atmosphere. Against Porto, everything goes. It's revolting. They have gotten away with everything and have controlled everything for decades with Pinto da Costa. Can you guys imagine Abramovich /Glazer/ whoever being caught on tape offering whores and picking referees among other stuff and nothing happens? Juventus went down, Porto continued as nothing had happened and no one was punished. Assaulting journalists, pressuring refs... Its a war against them whoever their opponents are. It's like they say: never wrestle with a pig – it gets mud all over you and the pig likes it. You either bow down, don't get into it and lose but remain clean or you try to do the same. It's absolutely nerve wrecking. Sporting had 7 or 8 cards (including a red one) in 13 fouls at one point, Porto had 1 in 12. They scream, the bench gets up at every call, they dive, they are violent and it gets one the nerves of everybody.

It's absolutely awful. Hate culture, violence culture and impunity culture.

I would say that is true if you were playing Porto. Just watch the games againts you guys (Guardiola didn't hold back against Conceição, neither did Tuchel) or Chelsea.

Our biggest rivals are Benfica and shit like this doesn't happen against them, nor does it happen in the UCL. And guess what happens in Porto-Benfica. The exact same that happened today. The common denominator in the last 40 years of portuguese football in these situations is Porto. Impunity, pressure on officials, journalists and corruption scandals (including referees being bought off and chosen) have been a constant for 40 years in this country. I hate Benfica, big rivals, but I respect them and it is what it is. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win, but it is fair game with the usual hot atmosphere. Against Porto, everything goes. It's revolting. They have gotten away with everything and have controlled everything for decades with Pinto da Costa. Can you guys imagine Abramovich /Glazer/ whoever being caught on tape offering whores and picking referees among other stuff and nothing happens? Juventus went down, Porto continued as nothing had happened and no one was punished. Assaulting journalists, pressuring refs... Its a war against them whoever their opponents are. It's like they say: never wrestle with a pig – it gets mud all over you and the pig likes it. You either bow down, don't get into it and lose but remain clean or you try to do the same. It's absolutely nerve wrecking. Sporting had 7 or 8 cards (including a red one) in 13 fouls at one point, Porto had 1 in 12. They scream, the bench gets up at every call, they dive, they are violent and it gets one the nerves of everybody.

It's absolutely awful. Hate culture, violence culture and impunity culture.
So you're a Porto fan then then.....Lol ;)

So you're a Porto fan then then.....Lol ;)
Clearly :D

It's not even about being rivals, the bigger ones are Benfica and it is a normal rivalry. Win, lose, referee mistakes for both sides, whatever. It's a football game and a normal (big) rivalry. But it ends there. Against Porto, things quickly stop being sport or rivalry. It's absolutely unbearable and nerve wrecking. It's a battlefield, it's going in the mud and trying to survive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.