Champions League Last 16 Draw - RB Leipzig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but you're less likely to win a trophy if you have to play tougher teams.

Last season, if we'd swapped QF/SF draws with Liverpool, I think we'd have won the treble.
Like Belgium in 2018 WC, would have easily made the final in they lost on purpose to England but chose the Brazil and France route rather than Sweden and Croatia.

In 2016 Italy/Spain/Germany/France or the Portugal route with easy teams and beat the French team who had to battle.

The attritional games come at a cost, like Atletico last season, cost us a final birth and almost the league.

Club Brugge will be lower odds because they are only 1 of 4 teams that Bayern can face, so that makes them drawing each other more likely and us less likely. Napoli also have better odds of facing them, 1 in 5.

That's why Liverpool-Bayern is so high because they can both only face 4 teams, and 1 of them is each other.

So there will be numerous Pot 2’s by the sound of it?

Just twigged after the first team from Pot.1 is drawn they will load Pot.2 with the teams they are allowed to play. If Bayern or Napoli don’t come out early they will have a problem.

That doesn't take into account tv coverage exclusions does it, and pre-set dates, the fact you can only have 2 teams from the same country on a night etc?

View attachment 59857

Source: https://eminga.github.io/cldraw/, other sites have it roughly similar.

Statistically least likely we draw Brugge or PSG.

37% chance of Bayern-Liverpool as I suspected.

Just simulated the random draw on that 3 times in a row for a laugh. Twice we got PSG, once Liepzig. Twice Liverpool git Benfica, once Bayern.

Not making any point mind you, just talking odd odds.

There are 4 German sides, that can't face each other. 4 English sides the same. 3 of the English sides topped their group one didn't. The reverse for the German sides. But 2 of the English sides have already been in a group with a German side and can't draw them. Then it is 3 italian sides, 2 Portuguese, that can't face each other. Then one French, Spanish and Brugge that can face anyone in their opposite pots.

As I understand it, it is guaranteed a German side will face an English side. I think it is impossible for that not to happen. 2 facing each other is possible too, but 3 is impossible with tv rights, and if the rest is to work. It is likely a milan club will face a Portuguese club, and an English team also faces an Italian team. If Real draw Brugge, it really messes with the rest.

There are 4 German sides, that can't face each other. 4 English sides the same. 3 of the English sides topped their group one didn't. The reverse for the German sides. But 2 of the English sides have already been in a group with a German side and can't draw them. Then it is 3 italian sides, 2 Portuguese, that can't face each other. Then one French, Spanish and Brugge that can face anyone in their opposite pots.

As I understand it, it is guaranteed a German side will face an English side. I think it is impossible for that not to happen. 2 facing each other is possible too, but 3 is impossible with tv rights, and if the rest is to work. It is likely a milan club will face a Portuguese club, and an English team also faces an Italian team. If Real draw Brugge, it really messes with the rest.
Bloody nightmare they should come up with an alternative word to DRAW.

How about calling it - The Discombobulation?

As I understand it, it is guaranteed a German side will face an English side. I think it is impossible for that not to happen. 2 facing each other is possible too, but 3 is impossible with tv rights, and if the rest is to work. It is likely a milan club will face a

Portuguese club, and an English team also faces an Italian team. If Real draw Brugge, it really messes with the rest.
More bent bullshit from UEFA.

Anyone apart from PSG. Always nice to play a new team though, either of the Milan clubs or Frankfurt would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.