Champions League Matches | Semi-Finals | 30 April, 1/7/8 May '24

It was about the same amount of time, mate.
Don't think so. At least didn't seem it to me. I really doubt the ref had chance to see the flag go up for Real's goal anyway as it was being crossed from the other side. For Bayerns the linesman was on the same side as play so would have probably been more in the ref's vision. That's how I saw it anyway. Bad decision but I think the blame lies more with the linesman than the ref.

The Referee Consultant on Paramount+, who they bring in to explain incidents and decisions, and usually defend the officials, has just said the assistant and the referee made clear mistakes for Bayern’s potential equaliser.

She was visibly unhappy about it, and said it is never a good night when she has to acknowledge such egregious errors that have such an immense impact on the game.

Don't think so. At least didn't seem it to me. I really doubt the ref had chance to see the flag go up for Real's goal anyway as it was being crossed from the other side. For Bayerns the linesman was on the same side as play so would have probably been more in the ref's vision. That's how I saw it anyway. Bad decision but I think the blame lies more with the linesman than the ref.
The Referee Consultant on Paramount+, who they bring in to explain incidents and decisions, and usually defend the officials, has just said the assistant and the referee made clear mistakes for Bayern’s potential equaliser (correcting Carragher, who said it was only the assistant that made the mistake).

She was visibly unhappy about it, and said it is never a good night when she has to acknowledge such egregious errors that have such an immense impact on the game.

And I have a feeling, if we were to watch back the Real winner, we’d fine the flag went up about the same amount of time before the shot was taken, meaning the ref could have easily blown play dead for it, as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.