Champions League (now includes 2012 prize money)

Re: Champions League

bluemoondays said:
Not many delusional people on this thread for a change :p

Seeing as we can't guarantee winning the FA or League Cup I think expecting to win the CL is dreaming. It took Baconface 12/13 years to win one and, as other have pointed out, Mourinho hasn't managed it with Real yet.

Priority is for next few years is PL, with a couple of domestic cup trophies as icing on the cake. CL, I'd be happy with some QFs and ecstatic if we won it.

Mourinho did manage to win it with Inter.

I would accept progress in the CL, maybe QF or SF, provided that a domestic throphy of some sorts was won.

Premier League plus League Cup and Champions' League Semi-final would be great for next season.

It will be a while yet (if ever) that we can win both the title and Champions league in the same season, I think a minimum expectation would be to reach the knockout round this year

Hoping for a semi final purely so the media fucks off about Bobby's record in Europe. Don't think we're ready to compete with Barca and the like yet but we're close.

I imagine last year was a massive learning curve for the team, most of whom hadn't played champions league football, and with one year under their belts they'll be more prepared

Hopefully we're not royally fucked by the draw again but knowing us it'll probably turn out to be

Barca
City
Juventus
PSG

Adam-mcfc said:
Hoping for a semi final purely so the media fucks off about Bobby's record in Europe. Don't think we're ready to compete with Barca and the like yet but we're close.

When we can beat Swansea away, we might be closer.

I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves in this thread ;-)

JGL07 said:
bluemoondays said:
Not many delusional people on this thread for a change :p

Seeing as we can't guarantee winning the FA or League Cup I think expecting to win the CL is dreaming. It took Baconface 12/13 years to win one and, as other have pointed out, Mourinho hasn't managed it with Real yet.

Priority is for next few years is PL, with a couple of domestic cup trophies as icing on the cake. CL, I'd be happy with some QFs and ecstatic if we won it.

Mourinho did manage to win it with Inter.

I would accept progress in the CL, maybe QF or SF, provided that a domestic throphy of some sorts was won.

Premier League plus League Cup and Champions' League Semi-final would be great for next season.
You would "accept"? And if it doesn't happen what will you do? A one man protest on Carrington Spur?

Champions league is a strange competition , more often than not the best teams don't contest the final, look at Liverpool best prem finish 2nd but been in 2 champion league finals winning 1

Can't see any reason why not our squad is viable to do well in the competition, but I'd like to echo others and say concentrate on retaining the league. CL glory can wait I'd give it another 1 or 2 years coupled with a few more World-class signings and we should stand a very good chance.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Surely winning this is the next aim. So when do we expect to win this? This season? Next season? 5 years?

Win the league with a few games to spare would be nice !
Champs league can be won by anyone or really barca would
Have won for the last 10 years as they are far and away the best
Team, and have been for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.