Champions League QF Draw - Lyon

It’s quite BS were essentially playing 2 away games and in the 2nd one does Madrid get away goals? That would be horse shit

Yes but think about the product. Imagine how much extra money some country or other will now be paying for this sudden death extravaganza. we could have fireworks and socially distanced parachutist landing on the centre circle and it's LIVE (oh sorry wrong channel)

I actually like the idea of finishing the Cl with a mini-tournament. I prefer sudden death games to two legs. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the format (for the last 8 onwards) when crowds are let back in. It could be a silver lining out of all this chaos.

I actually like the idea of finishing the Cl with a mini-tournament. I prefer sudden death games to two legs. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the format (for the last 8 onwards) when crowds are let back in. It could be a silver lining out of all this chaos.
No chance they'll keep single games...6 less games to sell advertising for.

No chance they'll keep single games...6 less games to sell advertising for.
True but they could market it like a World Cup with host cities bidding for it etc. It would only work if they held matches in places accessible for fans. There are a lot of fantastic cities in Europe which rarely host big games like Dublin, Prague, Krakow, etc etc.
I think the CL has become a stale format, especially the group games, and it needs something to liven it up. Sudden death knock-out games are much better to watch than those over two legs.

True but they could market it like a World Cup with host cities bidding for it etc. It would only work if they held matches in places accessible for fans. There are a lot of fantastic cities in Europe which rarely host big games like Dublin, Prague, Krakow, etc etc.
I think the CL has become a stale format, especially the group games, and it needs something to liven it up. Sudden death knock-out games are much better to watch than those over two legs.
Plenty of ways to improve it but I'm old school & would love it to go no seeding & straight 2 legs but that's never going to happen.

Apologies if this has been covered, but given Portugal seemed to be way ahead of us, would the games in Lisbon be behind closed doors, or open to local ticketholders? Would give it a bit of a World Cup type atmosphere, and Bernardo/Cancelo might swing us a bit of home support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.