Champions League - QF: Real Madrid, SF: Arsenal/Bayern, (H) for 2nd legs

Who do you want in the Quarter Final?

• Total voters
IMG_0709.png
Even though Atletico are the easiest team it would be like a war so I’d swap the bottom two around meaning Dortmund please!

Other than that I’d go with the order ranked by Opta. Definitely don’t want Real Madrid or Arsenal.

Playing a domestic rival feels too much like a PL game for me. Happy for someone else to knock Arsenal out.

The three teams that are in the Global Rank top 8 but aren’t in the CL QF, in case you were wondering, are 2.Inter 4.Liverpool and 8.Leverkusen. The latter two both being in the Europa League which would make a good final should they make it and avoid each other before the final.

Last edited:
The main argument that makes sense to me is it being easier to eliminate the likes of Real Madrid and Arsenal over 2 legs than in a one-off final. We’ve been iffy in both finals we’ve played, so whilst it’s tempting to want Dortmund in the next round, there’s a strong argument for it being better to play Madrid or Arsenal. We’re in it to win it and I think playing them before the final actually gives us the best chance of going all the way. For me, the winner comes from one of us, Arsenal or Madrid.

We’ve never beaten another English side in Europe.
This is one of those statistics that the BBC trundle out now and again - 'City haven't had a pen at OT for thirty odd years' - well, perhaps not that one as they wouldn't want to draw attention to it! But their mathematical/statistical premise is that it won't happen 'cos it hasn't happened yet!

The main argument that makes sense to me is it being easier to eliminate the likes of Real Madrid and Arsenal over 2 legs than in a one-off final. We’ve been iffy in both finals we’ve played, so whilst it’s tempting to want Dortmund in the next round, there’s a strong argument for it being better to play Madrid or Arsenal. We’re in it to win it and I think playing them before the final actually gives us the best chance of going all the way. For me, the winner comes from one of us, Arsenal or Madrid.
True but then If Real Madrid play Arsenal then that’s one them gone without us lifting a finger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.