Champions League - QF: Real Madrid, SF: Arsenal/Bayern, (H) for 2nd legs

Who do you want in the Quarter Final?

• Total voters
Of course we get Real.
Real fans “of course we get City” : )
Can’t wait to see Kane knockout arse

They say exactly the same stuff about the Allianz arena, Camp Nou and Anfield. And if they’re smart they’ll start saying it about the Etihad given we’ve not lost a European game there for 5 years.

In fact we’ve only lost 1 two legged tie in the last 5 years of Champions League football.
Don't you think "we've not lost a European game there for 5 years" is another reason why we would always want the second leg at home?

Yes, the away goal rule not being removed five or even ten years prior may have cost us another (2) Champions Leagues in my opinion...but nothing we can do about that now.

Two years ago that we shit ourselves for the last ten minutes of regular time in Madrid and threw it away.
Fast forward twelve months, and we played them off the pitch during the second leg and embarrassed them.

Call me crazy, but I think having the second leg at home may just be an advantage for us in this rivalry with Madrid.
Do you think Ancelotti and the Réal Madrid fans will be trying to create a narrative of a rivalry with us?

No other away European match (other then probably Anfield) compares to the Bernabeu
The "Ogre of the Bernabeu" is real when you look at thier history of comebacks in European cup ties over the past decade of sustained success in Europe.

He will never admit it, but I would bet money he is glad the second leg is in Manchester
The Etihad has been the toughest ground in the CL in the last 5 years, and Madrid have never won there.

The Sun has really excelled itself with this headline...saying that Arse have got a horror draw while City get the glamour tie! If the draw had been opposite, the headline would have been the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.