Champions League Qualification or The FA Cup? You Decide!

Re: Beating Spurs or The FA Cup?

Are my calculations correct in saying if Spurs lose against Arsenal in their game in hand, and we beat them (but we both win every other game we play), we'd be 6 points ahead with 2 games to go?

I know that's a big ask, especially to win away at Everton, and for the bottlers UK to manage to act like a football team for 90 minutes and beat Spurs, and even more so to beat probably the most fired up Spurs side we've already screwed it up against.. It's about as useful as the BBC predictor.. But I mean.. We could be in that position.. Going to an FA Cup final, 6 points clear with 2 games to go.. That could be us.. Oh shit now I'm really nervous.

Edit: I don't know why I considered games in between, obviously if we both win it cancels out, and of course if Arsenal beat them and we beat them we're 6 points clear. /idiot.

Would not attempt to tell the manager the side he should pick, he is paid vast sums of money to do that.

However, i do think it is totally ridiculous to prioritise one over the other, with 7 games to go, it has to be both. anything less would still be a failure of sorts.

4th or above is paramount, but having got past United , to now be facing Stoke in the Final , winning the Cup is also paramount. and NO that is not being either greedy or unrealistic, it is simply REQUIRED.

One game at a time.It's Blackburn next and only Blackburn we should be thinking about. Time to get our away form sorted and win for the first time this year.

There are only 7 games left. Every game is a cup final from here on in. It’s the climax part of the season, and to be part of the elite group I would think we have to field our strongest teams for every game at this stage of the year, there should be no holding back allowed in any sense IMO. Resting players should not be an option. Injured players would be another matter, that’s out of the manager’s control. Anyway on the spurs fixture, last season’s loss 1.0 at Eastland’s to them still rankles, and we owe them some payback. Really it does not enter my mind that there could be a choice between 4th and the FA Cup. They are both there for the taking;a great position to be in....

ThatBlueGuy said:
Spurs:

-----------------Dzeko----------------
Balotelli--------Milner----------SWP
------------Barry----Vieira----------
Kolarov--Lescott--Boateng--Boyata
------------------Hart----------------

Stoke in the cup:

------------------Tevez------------------
Silva-------------Yaya-----------Johnson
-------------Barry-----De Jong-----------
Zabaleta--Lescott--Kompany--Richards
-------------------Hart-------------------

those lineups result in 2 losses.

We'll play our best XI both games, FFS.

Beating Spurs or The FA Cup?

Strongest team in both. Maybe the odd change (Zab in one, Micah another etc). The adrenaline should more than make up for any tiredness.

Got to win them both.

If I had to choose my head says beat Spurs and finish top 4 but my heart says get the cup.

Does anyone know the situation with Hart, Kompany, NDJ and Silva for yellow cards as I reckon they are the most important players and maybe if close to a ban they should pick one up in the next game or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.