Champions League Quarter Final Games 12-15th August

Just like Roberts was allowed to play and score against us
True, but bearing in mind there is a decent chance that these 2 would meet in the latter stages of the CL, I would have thought Barca may had added a clause to prevent him playing against them

Had a look online and can’t believe the wages they pay If accurate but lots of sites state similar amounts. Griezeman on over 700k a week, Messi 1.3 million, Suarez and De Jong over 400k.Loads on 200k plus. And Tehas has the cheek to talk about us. Will make selling any difficult
IIRC, I'm sure some of it is to do with image rights, if the old grey matter isn't playing tricks on me.
In Spain players earn a wage, that's it. All image rights, sponsorships etc are the property of the club which is why they pay a higher basic salary.

IIRC, I'm sure some of it is to do with image rights, if the old grey matter isn't playing tricks on me.
In Spain players earn a wage, that's it. All image rights, sponsorships etc are the property of the club which is why they pay a higher basic salary.
Still they have a 500Million wagebill. Let that sink in , 500Million!

About to go full misery, are we?

200.gif
Annie Wilkes looks like she should be a Karen to be fair... ;)

Turned off at 5-2 to watch the snooker. Gulp, just seen it was 8 !
Don't know if you remember this, but a few years ago we were playing some pretty good stuff and we had a very big away game coming up
The team we were due to play beat Arsenal 8-2 and lots and lots of experts were rubbing their hands with glee at the thought the same fate was awaiting us
We ran out comfortable winners 6-1

Don't know if you remember this, but a few years ago we were playing some pretty good stuff and we had a very big away game coming up
The team we were due to play beat Arsenal 8-2 and lots and lots of experts were rubbing their hands with glee at the thought the same fate was awaiting us
We ran out comfortable winners 6-1

We beat Spurs away 5-1 on the same day so wasn't too worried about that lot.

We have a tough game later, Lyon will be up for it 100%..

It's not wrong to say we should progress but who knows, it's a one off game, sending off, penalty, fcuked over by VAR, all possibilities where we are concerned..

However, if we win, I'm not concerned about facing the German Rags, Barcelona were a shambles last night, their goalkeeper had a nightmare, they had no pace up front and are an ageing team overall..

That said, Barcelona don't get stuffed 8-2 by anyone so credit to the Germans for that..

Let's not forget though, we've beaten them before, both home and away and with arguably inferior players to what we have now..

We have pace upfront, players such as Sterling, Jesus, Foden and Aguero (if fit) all know where the goal is .

We have a brilliant goalkeeper, Laporte, Walker, Cancelo, Fernandinho De Bruyne, Mahrez and Bernardo are not too shabby either.

We also have a manager who they desperately want back because basically, he's the best in world football..

I don't like getting too far ahead of myself but rest assured the German Rags will be desperate for a Lyon win tonight..!

They definitely will not relish playing us, that's for sure..!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.