Champions League Semi-Final Draw | Paris Saint-Germain

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSG fixtures up to playing us. Same number of games but realistically they should be able to rotate against these mid table type teams (I know we have Spurs and Villa!)

NOTE : we know the PSG v City game is on the Wednesday, but this site not updated yet.

View attachment 14278

I suppose one positive for us in that regard is they're bang in a title race and not running away with their league like they usually are. Serious pressure on Pochettino to win a trophy also so I wouldn't expect much rotation for the cup either.

afaik pep has only lost a final in his career, copa del rey vs madrid (and a supercup against klopps dortmund, in his first official match for bayern)

"The last goal one of his sides conceded in a final was Wayne Rooney’s strike at Wembley back in 2011.
I seem to recall a goal by Villa in the League Cup final last season.

gonna be a great game , i always back us to beat any one but this is gonna be really tough , i feel they have more fire power going forward .
but both evenly matched ,cant wait for the games.

The trick against these is to score early and drain their attitude. The stereotypical set of star players rather than a team. Drain them early and their bottom lip will go, as will their attitude to the game. We are a team, and we have the mentality to fight even if we are on the backfoot. Get two goals in the first half hour and it is in the bag, and they won't come back from it.
psg look like a solid team aswell ,they had to dig in against bayern both legs , mbappe and neymar were even tracking back working hard , i dont think its as simple as you say .
Pocchetino a crafty manager aswell.
i think its 50/50 as it stands .

Having the cup final v Spurs just before the first leg gives Pep a selection problem. Thankfully there's a league game before the second leg to rest players.

PSG fixtures up to playing us. Same number of games but realistically they should be able to rotate against these mid table type teams (I know we have Spurs and Villa!)

NOTE : we know the PSG v City game is on the Wednesday, but this site not updated yet.

View attachment 14278

It’s all to play for for them in the league still though, they’d be risking the title in favour of CL if they rotate a lot.

I think our game at villa is crucial now, we really need 3 points there to take some pressure off the run in.

Cant wait for this game - its going to be a cracker. I honestly believe that the winner of our tie goes on to win the competition

So I hope and pray we turn up over the 2 legs with our total 'A' game (which I am sure we will)

We have the attack to hurt their defence, and vice versa for them. This one is going to be all about calm heads and a solid defensive performance

I believe we have the slightly better defence which will be the difference

Having the cup final v Spurs just before the first leg gives Pep a selection problem. Thankfully there's a league game before the second leg to rest players.

I think he will rest everyone against Villa and make the best XI play 2 games in a row, should be the same as this week with Leeds/Dortmund/Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.