Champions League Semi-Final Draw | Paris Saint-Germain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern were shocking defensively in the first leg, A few occasions last night they were poor too. Being realistic about it Bayern were poor both ends of the pitch which is the reason why they have been knocked out.
I think Bayern were the better side over two legs and should of went through considering all the chances they missed. PSG were better on front of goal and took their chances (especially in the first leg).

No doubt in my mind who would be in the Semi-Final if Lewandowski and Gnabry had of been fit for both games. Along with Goretzka missing last night.
Psg had a load of chances aswell though , neymar hitting the post first half in the one on one , bayern were having to make last ditch tackles the same as psg .
Both really good teams, i though psg looked good in midfield and defended well aswell ,Neymar and mbappe were brilliant , both teams rode there luck , and could have gone either way i thought .
can criticise bayern's defending but psg are a hard team to defend against and looked lethal on the break, we'd definitely have our work cut out to progress if we play them in the semi's.

100 hundred percent this.

A draw over both legs was about right. Those pesky away goals take some of the joy out of it.
The away goal rule makes absolutely no sense this season. PSG go through even though it finished 3-3 after two games that were both played in empty stadiums with no home advantage for either side. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Bayern are out but how is that fair?

Ruben has had a rest, John stones is in insane form , all Pep had to do is play our strongest defence and we win this. No messing with the back line. Play the defence that when we went one up in the league we didnt conceade. Which teams could not break down.

Yes. Bayern were comfortably the better side in both games.
I disagree with this. They were the better side in the first leg, yet still conceded 3 goals. In the second leg, I thought PSG completely controlled the game. One of the best counter-attacking performances I've ever seen. Neymar and Di Maria in particular were outstanding. Bayern had a lot of possession but didn't look half as dangerous as PSG.

PSG are probably a tougher challenge than Bayern for us. They will happily camp on the edge of their box for 90 minutes, but with Neymars ability and Mbappe's pace, they will create plenty of chances.

Still, there's no easy game in a Champions League semi-final. And we aren't even in it yet!!

The away goal rule makes absolutely no sense this season. PSG go through even though it finished 3-3 after two games that were both played in empty stadiums with no home advantage for either side. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Bayern are out but how is that fair?
I think the away goal rule should be scrapped anyway. Another 30 mins of that game last night would have been brilliant. It's not as fun when it's City, but we'd see more penalty shoot outs, more drama etc.

dont agree with that ,both evenly matched teams , two tight games ,both teams had chances ,both defended well.
Both defended well? The xG for the combined tie was PSG 3.8 vs 5.7 Munich

That’s not defending well at all. Not on stats nor the “eye test”

Both defended well? The xG for the combined tie was PSG 3.8 vs 5.7 Munich

That’s not defending well at all. Not on stats nor the “eye test”
mbappe ,neymar ,di maria etc were on fire not easy to defend against especially when they were pushing for a goal .
same with PSG they rode there luck but i thought some of their defenders performed great too especially danilo and dagba .
both teams were trying to score it was a great game to watch .
when i say both teams defended well im taking more individual defensive performances rather than as defending as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.