Champions League semi-finals 18/19 August

We have changed since he came in,if he is not having any influence then he is pointless
In what way have we changed, we were losing stupid games all season before he arrived, we also scored for fun before he came in, and we have since.

People keep going on about Pep over thinking, but some fans do exactly the same. We lost to Lyon last week, mainly because we played shite, we've done that occasionally ALL season.

I hope Pep has learned that 2 slow as fuck holding midfielders is no good against a quick counter.

I honestly believe that Pep reads far too much in to the possession side,and Ball retention statistics, and percentages.Thus influencing his team selections.

He obsess about these sort of things.

To him Gundogan ball possession,and completed passes make him a really good player.

I heard him say once on an interview that Gundogan was first name on his team sheet.

it was no coincidence he went out and bought a Dopplleganger in Rodri.

he starts with these 2 regularly next season it is going to be a long season.

When I think of City football at the moment, I’m think they stretch the pitch wide. Keep the ball. It’s supposed to be pass and move. Quick transitions.

With that, I’m expecting underlapping runs. However, the midfielder’s don’t do that because possession has to be recycled. With the inverted wingers, the ball is played more to feet than behind a backline. Plus, no one is running in behind as much as you’d expect (at least this season)

Players in the team also like it to feet - Gundy, Bernardo, El Mago, Mahrez... Not enough direct football. One of the reasons why Kevin and Phil work together is that they try the risky stuff, and want to get it forward as soon as possible. However, we play a possession based game. Although, Pep has said he doesn’t want possession for the sake of it. Sometimes, it does feel that.

He just needs to adapts his ideals and use the right players accordingly.

Apologies for the essay.

pep is obsessed by possession football, xavi busquets never were fast players, but today, it isnt the predominant wining style, it will be again someday. But about this, laporte anoys me more : he comes from athletico, a team that plays very very low on pitch, and defends mostly in its surface. City plays high, and defends mostly 1vs1 on counters. And he s bad at this, in french team, and imo in city
We signed him from Athletic Bilbao, not Atletico....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.