Champions League Semi Finals 30th April/1st May

Spurs won their cup final at the Etihad ironically by losing that game.
I genuinely think having got past us cost them loads of energy. They’ve been off it ever since.
F@@k off Spurs....we could have won this comp.
We werent good enough to get past the quarters

You lot play more parked buses than we did during that first year from 08-09, I am not debating it but that's also English football. In Spain, many opponents tried to attack and even in CL they initially tried to attack as well but after '09 few had the courage to play an open game. As I say, that term got coined from Mourinho's tactics against Barcelona

But there's no question for me it's more about the absurdity of playing 4 competitions (One of FA or Carabao has to go) and the other is simply bad luck with untimely key injuries that prevented you guys from really maintaining any sort of rhythm. The lack of attacking/overlapping fullbacks is glaringly absent from a Pep coached team - that's why I don't buy the Mendy rumours, they have to fortify at FB(s)
The irony about the term park the bus is that it was Mourinho himself who coined it taking about Spurs under Santini after a 0-0

I had a feeling Ajax would do them and lo and behold it comes to pass. The signs are all pointing to a Barca vs Ajax final which would be a dream for UEFA from a marketing perspective.

Can't see many 700 euro tickets being sold to those two clubs.

I thought most of what I watched was pretty average, as I said missed first 20 minutes, but overall I thought Ajax were the better side.
Ajax were very good first 20 minutes. First touch passing at speed. They scored and looked likely to get a hatful. Spuds reorganised about 20 mins in and was closer thereafter. Thought Ajax were good in spells but we would have given them a bloody good game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.