Champions League, Tuesday 12th February

Damanino said:
PSG have pace that is clear. Lucas Moura, Lavezzi...

The difference in quality between the squads is big, PSG doing well in defence, and they turn into attack very fast when they get the ball, attack in the middle or with width combining the two, very technical players with Pastore, Ibra,Lucas...

Ancelotti had less time to build his squad but seems he already built a good system which is good for his players.

Our squad/team is superior.
PSG just play in a much, much weaker league and had an easier group in Europe.

They special aren't that have three or four game changers.
And after this summer, our squad and there squad could be lightyears away.

PSG will go out next round.

moomba said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
So he has definitely spent more than PSG then and only around 15 million difference if we take away money from players sold. Doesn't make great reading.

No, PSG have spent more than that in the past two years.

We've won a title and a FA Cup already for our spends. And next year it might well be us in the knockouts and they miss out.

But I suspect you had a point that you wanted to make.
If you don't use net spend we have spent more than them but either way what Im trying to say is they look to be a more complete side than we do yet their in only the second year of their project. They will win the French league this season and at least a quarter final finish in the CL very impressive.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I am watching the Juve game to see what the fuss is about reference Vidal who seems to be on a lot of City fans wish lists at the moment. I have been very impressed with Kris Commons and Wanyama.

I cant believe that no Celtic player has swapped with Hooper for the corners ! - going to get sent off.

I've been impressed by Wanyama for a long time, I'm really surprised no top premier league club has snapped him up yet. He'd be a massive improvement on Garcia and Rodwell!

Feels like it took PSG less time than us to 'get good' again...

They brought in competent behind-the-scenes personnel and players from the get go.

The Man With The Stick said:
Juve playin 352 formation. Seriously boring. Hope this aint how Bobby wants to play?

This is the best team in Italy???

Wait a minute... jus spotted some paint dryin.
They are playing how you should away in Europe soak up the pressure, be solid then counter.

I think the way PSG have performed in Europe is a perfect example of why Mancini should go. Yes they had an easier group, but how much did we struggle last year even against Villareal. We have looked crap in Europe for 2 season's running and in certain games been embarassed, hard to say the same for PSG.

greasedupdeafguy said:
If you don't use net spend we have spent more than them but either way what Im trying to say is they look to be a more complete side than we do yet their in only the second year of their project. They will win the French league this season and at least a quarter final finish in the CL very impressive.

I don't know why you wouldn't use nett spend. But in the last two years, we've spent £130m gross (£62m nett). They've outspent us by a fair bit in that period.

Time will tell whether they have put together a better side than us. One cup competition is never a guide, unless you are suggesting Celtic are better than us or Chelsea.

was PSG as far behind as we we're ? and did they have clown like hughes in charge ? and daft rules about so many homegrown players ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.