Champions League, Tuesday 12th February

JamesA said:
I think the way PSG have performed in Europe is a perfect example of why Mancini should go. Yes they had an easier group, but how much did we struggle last year even against Villareal. We have looked crap in Europe for 2 season's running and in certain games been embarassed, hard to say the same for PSG.

Really? Check their record before spouting bollocks.

dadnlad said:
was PSG as far behind as we we're ? and did they have clown like hughes in charge ? and daft rules about so many homegrown players ?

Plus the fact that there isn't a team in Ligue 1 who dominate year on year.
The title goes to a different team every year. So there was no real force(s) for them to overtake.

Much, much easier for PSG to win their league.
They'll go out next round. Not a bad side though.

Damanino said:
PSG have pace that is clear. Lucas Moura, Lavezzi...

The difference in quality between the squads is big, PSG doing well in defence, and they turn into attack very fast when they get the ball, attack in the middle or with width combining the two, very technical players with Pastore, Ibra,Lucas...

Ancelotti had less time to build his squad but seems he already built a good system which is good for his players.

And they've got beckham now too so that means they are going to be unbeatable..

All jokes aside from what ive seen/read Ancelotti is doing a very very good job

Pigeonho said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
RandomJ said:
I think their massive spending might have helped a bit. They just don't give a fuck about FFP. wish we'd taken that attitude.
erm I think we've spent a far bit ourselves.....
Far more than PSG

They got more value for money than City imo, and I think their team is stronger.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Pigeonho said:
Loving the hooper/licthsteiner tussles!

Knobhead Townshend askin' why it's not a pen! Why weren't you asking that when you were playing yer pillock!

This pro-anything Celtic commentary is in stark contrast to anything we had.
It's a good old forward/defender tussle.
Not biting! ;-)

Why oh why didn't we make a significant attempt to sign Verratti? His move to PSG just seemed to...happen and you have to ask what happened to our interest? Mops up the play so well and has great vision. What did he cost? Less than £10m?

Soon as they signed Verratti I posted that we missed a trick. Exactly the type of midfielder we could use and would have been so cheap and young.

Jumanji said:
Soon as they signed Verratti I posted that we missed a trick. Exactly the type of midfielder we could use and would have been so cheap and young.

Felt similarly myself. About 9m pounds. Compare it to what we spent.

JamesA said:
We have looked crap in Europe for 2 season's running and in certain games been embarassed, hard to say the same for PSG.

We looked crap against far worse, like Kyiv.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.