Champions League, Tuesday 12th February

Celtic will get rewarded for their bravery and work rate but they are so far out of their league it's a joke. Working hard is only going to take you so far, quality has shined through tonight. Thank fuck.

MCC said:
davymcfc said:
That was a class Italian performance there.

So obvious what was gonna happen.

All day.
Yeah, I have a friend that kept insisting the atmosphere would shock Juve, and with them being rattled Celtic had an excellent chance of beating an overrated Italian team.

I laughed at him. I will continue laughing at him tonight when we meet up.

SkyBlue17 said:
Impressive from Juve. Got an early goal, let Celtic tire themselves out then go for the throats in the last 15. Wouldn't be surprised to see them thump Celtic 4 or 5-0 in Turin.

That Marchisio looks a player - did well just behind the striker. According to Townsend tho he was shit

Joehannes said:
Why oh why didn't we make a significant attempt to sign Verratti? His move to PSG just seemed to...happen and you have to ask what happened to our interest? Mops up the play so well and has great vision. What did he cost? Less than £10m?

yes 10m £ ! and you know what ? only 1m€/year :)) i live in paris so i know :)

PSG got him from Pescara 2nd divison he was due to go to Juventus then PSG came knocking because Ancelotti wanted him so they gave more than Juventus to pescara and higher salary as i stated only 1m€/year at the moment and since the first day he is impressive only 20, take too much risk but doenst' lose the ball i can say he is 99% like Pirlo so don't know why City didn't approch him :(

Well, I was impressed by Marchisio's game.
Italy for 2014 could have a midfield like that:

Marchisio Pirlo Verratti/De Rossi
Diamanti

That should be great !

I must give Neil Lennon praise for the way he got Celtic to play with absolute desire and commitment. But that was a classic performance by Juve last night. You could tell what was going to happen all game, it was just a matter of 'when?'. They limited Celtic, with all that hard work, to just one or two real chances all game, upset their flow, and then conterattacked very well. A perfect example of how to play a European away game.

Juve have got a great side building at the moment, and have the better Fernando Torres (known as Llorente) going there next season. I think they are 'back'!

I like the way they play too, they really mix it up. I've watched them a lot over the last two seasons and each game they seem to have different tactics depending on who they play. They were absolute top class against Chelsea at their home ground before Christmas. Long passes, short passes, sit back/counter attack:control possession in the oppsoition half. Great to watch. They've almost got the lot but are just behind Bayern and Barça's quality right now but are growing all the time.

Impressed!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.