"Champions League? You're having a bath" - new blog article

citysince88 said:
A bit harsh on Kolorov and Zabba, We are going to need players that won't cry when sat on the bench and can come in when we need to rest key players. In Kolorov's case I think he won't make it as a left back your right about his lack of pace but it wouldn't surprise me if in the long term he replaces Barry as the left sided holding midfield player.

Thanks for your comments mate. Radical thinking with reference to Kolorov!

I can't see it myself but stranger things have happened.

I know it's hard to take but we currently have a pile of big fixtures in January, all on top of one another. At the moment, I am nervous about the games where the two you've mentioned have to come in. I think it weakens us significantly. My point is that for us to be the best in Europe I think we need two higher quality fullbacks competing with Clichy and Richards, maybe even relegating one or both of them to the bench.

Didsbury Dave said:
citysince88 said:
A bit harsh on Kolorov and Zabba, We are going to need players that won't cry when sat on the bench and can come in when we need to rest key players. In Kolorov's case I think he won't make it as a left back your right about his lack of pace but it wouldn't surprise me if in the long term he replaces Barry as the left sided holding midfield player.

Thanks for your comments mate. Radical thinking with reference to Kolorov!

I can't see it myself but stranger things have happened.

I know it's hard to take but we currently have a pile of big fixtures in January, all on top of one another. At the moment, I am nervous about the games where the two you've mentioned have to come in. I think it weakens us significantly. My point is that for us to be the best in Europe I think we need two higher quality fullbacks competing with Clichy and Richards, maybe even relegating one or both of them to the bench.

Hard to think of 2 who are better than what we have now (if you ignore the hype).

They'd have to be world class to be better than we have now. I rate Richards and Clichy that highly. But there are dozens and dozens better than Zab and Kolorov

I'm wondering how many world class full backs there are that are more than happy to sit on a bench.

I also can't remember Utd having ever had that luxury during their recent successes in Europe.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Interesting on Nasri. Someone on Twitter (@ITK_Agent) is tweeting that he doesn't believe he has a future at City and is looking to move. I find that hard to believe.

I saw that. Don't believe it either. Did that lad with the new City magazine get hold of you, PB?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Interesting on Nasri. Someone on Twitter (@ITK_Agent) is tweeting that he doesn't believe he has a future at City and is looking to move. I find that hard to believe.
Probably due to it being bollocks Colin.

ITK_Agent? Whatever next.

i didn t like the article dave.it lacked tact (making a point without offending anyone) -IMO.

this would have been better received at the season s close, not a third of the way through.

as for naming players "not fit for the club".... personally i found it tasteless and disrespectful to their hard service thus far.

this is the best city squad i have ever seen in twenty years. a true joy to watch, lets wait until the seasons end before judging folk.

more to the point let s see out "phase two" 1st ! ;)

Well done Dave, well written and a good read. It reflects my view of the players and where we are heading.
I haven't been convinced by Nasri yet. It's his body language that sends out the wrong signals.
You've got your finger on the pulse with that blog post.
Forza Mancini

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.