"Champions League? You're having a bath" - new blog article

Great read that.

Agree with nearly every pass and fail, although I think Zab is the perfect squad player, can cover so many positions and isn't a bad player, so I'd pass him.

Barry for the next two seasons could maybe also earn a spot, need an experienced head in there.

Tevez, Nedum, Bridge, Hargreaves and Nielsen are all obviously off.

Kolo and Kolarov are nowhere near good enough.

I agree about Nasri too, doesn't look upto it at the moment.

The rest have a big part to play for us over the next few years, whether it be starts or squads.

I think AJ is more important than a lot of people think too, the option of having a winger as good as AJ as well, is brilliant for the team. Although I agree he might want to move on for more regular football and a better chance with England.

Re: Re: "Champions League? You're having a bath" - new blog arti

Didsbury Dave said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Interesting on Nasri. Someone on Twitter (@ITK_Agent) is tweeting that he doesn't believe he has a future at City and is looking to move. I find that hard to believe.

I saw that. Don't believe it either. Did that lad with the new City magazine get hold of you, PB?
Yes he did. Fortunately had one ready to go that wasn't going anywhere else.

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Interesting on Nasri. Someone on Twitter (@ITK_Agent) is tweeting that he doesn't believe he has a future at City and is looking to move. I find that hard to believe.
Probably due to it being bollocks Colin.

ITK_Agent? Whatever next.
He was so ITK he had Mark Hughes as odds on for the Sunderland job.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I saw that. Don't believe it either. Did that lad with the new City magazine get hold of you, PB?
Yes he did. Fortunately had one ready to go that wasn't going anywhere else.
Good. Can't see a future for a fanzine in this day and age but hope it works for him. I did him something last night and I can't decide if it's the best or worst thing I've ever written. I suspect the latter. He wanted to use an old blog too and I've let him. He seems to have space to fill and a looming deadline.

Nice article.

Not sure if I agree with a fail for Zab as Mancini seems to really like him, but all the opinions seemed well justified.

Yaya Toure
I’ve blogged about Ya Ya before, a strange an unpredictable player. I do not see him starting as many games in phase 3, but in the right games, in the bread and butter of the premier league, he can be a great asset. Pass, as long as he can accept playing fewer games.

Thankfully Mancini will not see it this way.

Yaya is the heartbeat of our team, wether you rate him or not.

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Top info from him then!

Rascal said:
Yaya Toure
I’ve blogged about Ya Ya before, a strange an unpredictable player. I do not see him starting as many games in phase 3, but in the right games, in the bread and butter of the premier league, he can be a great asset. Pass, as long as he can accept playing fewer games.

Thankfully Mancini will not see it this way.

Yaya is the heartbeat of our team, wether you rate him or not.
Thankfully you don't know how Mancini will see it.

If our team has a 'heartbeat' it is David silva. Yaya does a job, but unlike silva, he's not world class

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:

Top info from him then!
Yes. It was funny because I used that to challenge him over the Nasri information and he got all hissy & defensive, claiming I took it out of context. He actually said something like "I believe Mark Hughes is odds on for the Sunderland job but he has one eye on the Chelsea job".

I agree with many of the assessments in the article, but it's nailed on that Zabaleta, Barry and Nasri will be key parts of the squad next season, and rightly so. To say they're not up to the standard we require, as part of a 25 man squad, is wrong in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.