Champions League

strongbowholic said:
de niro said:
ardwickboy said:
lionheart.........If King Richard went into the crusades with that belief he would have got his arse kicked, keep your chin up it is not the end of the world.

Richard wasn't deluded.
Actually, he was. History shows he spent more time in France than England (being from Aquitaine, I guess it's understandable) and apparently had the idea to sell London in order to fund his crusading. He foolishly returned from the Crusades via Austria - his sworn enemy and was taken prisoner and a substantial ransom was paid for his release. He died as a result of a gangrenous wound caused not by a Saracen knight, but by a crossbow bolt fired at him by a small boy who claimed Richard had killed his father.

All in all, a bit of a pillock really.
Cracking history lesson its bollocks but a decent fairy tale.

strongbowholic said:
de niro said:
ardwickboy said:
lionheart.........If King Richard went into the crusades with that belief he would have got his arse kicked, keep your chin up it is not the end of the world.

Richard wasn't deluded.
Actually, he was. History shows he spent more time in France than England (being from Aquitaine, I guess it's understandable) and apparently had the idea to sell London in order to fund his crusading. He foolishly returned from the Crusades via Austria - his sworn enemy and was taken prisoner and a substantial ransom was paid for his release. He died as a result of a gangrenous wound caused not by a Saracen knight, but by a crossbow bolt fired at him by a small boy who claimed Richard had killed his father.

That is todays history lesson out the way.

i kne albert davy said:
strongbowholic said:
de niro said:
Richard wasn't deluded.

You might wanna check your history books mate (assuming we are talking about Richard the Lion Heart - or Couer De Lion to give him his proper monicker).

Are the 'matches' drawn to the date in the C/L ? .. Reason I ask is at Int. level, Euro/World Cup Qualifyers, the teams sort it amongst themselves.. only can't help thinkin' whoever pencilled Bayern in for the deciding game was a touch optimistic.. been better off playin a double 'header' first two games.. or is it just me ?

strongbowholic said:
i kne albert davy said:
strongbowholic said:

You might wanna check your history books mate (assuming we are talking about Richard the Lion Heart - or Couer De Lion to give him his proper monicker).
Pretty good at history mate yer need to have a good read up though, King Richard was returning by sea to avoid his many enemies in mainland Europe alas when his ship was washed ashore in a storm he had to return by land he didn't foolish pick that route. His death wasn't at the hands of some disgruntled spotty kid it was a crossbowman larking about, hit him in the shoulder, a careless surgeon and gangrene. P.S one one his last acts was to inform his men that no harm should come to the bowman they didn't listen like but he did try. Meanwhile back at the champions league thread i think we're outsiders to qualify now, roll on Europa somewhere sunny hopefully.

de niro said:
ardwickboy said:
lionheart said:
What a silly post. We may well beat Bayern next month, but Napoli will definitely beat Villareal so we are out this year. Hopefully we will get an easier group next season.

Richard wasn't deluded.

Lol! Funny comments, made me smile.

I think were out for this year but I'm still going to Bayern and I'll still hope and pray!

i kne albert davy said:
strongbowholic said:
i kne albert davy said:
Pretty good at history mate yer need to have a good read up though, King Richard was returning by sea to avoid his many enemies in mainland Europe alas when his ship was washed ashore in a storm he had to return by land he didn't foolish pick that route. His death wasn't at the hands of some disgruntled spotty kid it was a crossbowman larking about, hit him in the shoulder, a careless surgeon and gangrene. P.S one one his last acts was to inform his men that no harm should come to the bowman they didn't listen like but he did try. Meanwhile back at the champions league thread i think we're outsiders to qualify now, roll on Europa somewhere sunny hopefully.
Well, it's a bit of a moot point as to whether he need to go back through Austria after being shipwrecked. The wound requiring treatment from the doctor was caused by a young boy with a crossbow. Richard was a romanticist and a fantasist, which some scholars say is the reason we ended up on the crusades in the first place.

But like you say, back to Europe.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.