Champs League Draw

Give a fuck who we play against TBH just as long as we're in it. This is called The Champions League we are the Champions and if we can't beat the other Champions and none Champions of their league on route to the Final we don't deserve to be in it..

"it's a funny old game"

If I was a CIty fan I would be angry with the draw and it seems too much of a coincidence for me. Roma were good last season, but City should be too strong for them and Moscow's weather/distance is a bigger factor than the team. Still I think Pep has learnt a bit from last season and their first team is probably even stronger this year than last. I fancy Bayern to top the group. The biggest issue of the tough group is how it will effect the league.

Generally I expect all the English teams to go through, but apart from Chelsea, I expect them to come second in the group which means Arsenal and Liverpool are very likely to go out in the next round. For City it depends on who they draw, but good chance if they come second it could mean Madrid or Barca.

ianw16 said:
Not sure I get that. How the hell are Liverpool ranked 12th and us 18th?

It's calculated by UEFA over a 5 year period using 5 coefficients.

I guess these take into account things that happen in national leagues as well as European matches.

steviemc said:
ianw16 said:

I guess these take into account things that happen in national leagues as well as European matches.

eh? our cofficient is higher than liverpool

supercrystal7 said:
If I was a CIty fan I would be angry with the draw and it seems too much of a coincidence for me. Roma were good last season, but City should be too strong for them and Moscow's weather/distance is a bigger factor than the team. Still I think Pep has learnt a bit from last season and their first team is probably even stronger this year than last. I fancy Bayern to top the group. The biggest issue of the tough group is how it will effect the league.

Generally I expect all the English teams to go through, but apart from Chelsea, I expect them to come second in the group which means Arsenal and Liverpool are very likely to go out in the next round. For City it depends on who they draw, but good chance if they come second it could mean Madrid or Barca.
Or PSG or Juventus Or Atletico Madrid. Even if we top the group shit draw is awaiting even then.

steviemc said:
ianw16 said:

Nothing to do with respective league form , all based on european form

I just have a feeling with a fully fit squad we can crack it this time, regardless of all the negatives. Come on City.

At least were not on the same night as the bin dippers as the TV companies, particularly in Ireland go into wank mode.It will be interesting to see if Arsenal's games get a look in instead of the Pandering to the dipper masses

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.