Champs League Draw

Rammyblues said:
Has everybody calmed down yet? :-)

no i am still jumping with joy and excitement from when the draw was made , i also have a silly grin on my face. seems like everyone else have locked themselves in the broom cupboard .

BigOscar said:
Isn't it lovely that Liverpool have been handed a piss easy group despite being in a lower pot than us? Obviously when we were handed nightmare groups for being in pot 3, we were told that was what you got when you were in that pot, yet now we've moved out of it nothing seems to of changed.
ludovrats or whatever they are called are the only easy game for them..trust me basle are a really good side and they also got madrid

another piss take of a draw, balls jumping out of bowls ,had he fked it up, seemed to go oops then carry on like it was all part of the bullshit,
and now there is only 1 group for city to go in how fkin convenient

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
BigOscar said:
Isn't it lovely that Liverpool have been handed a piss easy group despite being in a lower pot than us? Obviously when we were handed nightmare groups for being in pot 3, we were told that was what you got when you were in that pot, yet now we've moved out of it nothing seems to of changed.
ludovrats or whatever they are called are the only easy game for them..trust me basle are a really good side and they also got madrid

Basel won at the Bridge last season and dumped the rags out 3 years ago.

BigOscar said:

The dippers beat Madrid 5-0 on agg last time they played....that wont happen again. :)

Jakob said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Not a fix but there's something wrong when the Champions of a country's league are put at the disadvantage of being in pot 2 behind 2 other clubs from the same country who get pot 1. Supposed to be the Champions League after all.
More concerned about what effect this will have on our domestic form - bad draw, ffp squad restriction & a lot of travelling.

The seeding is based on what the club has done in Europe the last 5 years(and the country ranking is added to it).

It's the right way of doing things.

That's not an opinion I share.

By your, and UEFA's, rational, it's fair for Arsenal to be seeded higher than City, Juventus, and PSG, teams that are actually champion's of some of Europe's highest profile leagues, because they regularly make it out of easy groups (easy as they are always top seed so don't have to deal with Barca et al) and then fall at the first knockout stage whilst simultaneously failing to win anything of note domestically for years. The coefficient method perpetuates the top sides at the top with relative little effort on their part. Arsenal have qualified for the Champion's League in each of the last 17 seasons, and have 1 final appearance to their name. Are they really, regularly, one of Europe's top 8 sides?!

Even Arsenal have a better group than us . This group reminds me a lot are 1st champions league outing . The 2 big matches for me will be against Roma .

BigOscar said:

Whilst I agree Basle are a good side, they aren't on the level of PSG, Dortmund, Juventus or Schalke and you could argue Zenit and Donetsk, whch were the other pot 2 options. Liverpool will be very, very happy with that draw. They're favourites to finish 2nd in that group.

Matty said:
Jakob said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Not a fix but there's something wrong when the Champions of a country's league are put at the disadvantage of being in pot 2 behind 2 other clubs from the same country who get pot 1. Supposed to be the Champions League after all.
More concerned about what effect this will have on our domestic form - bad draw, ffp squad restriction & a lot of travelling.

The seeding is based on what the club has done in Europe the last 5 years(and the country ranking is added to it).

It's the right way of doing things.

That's not an opinion I share.

By your, and UEFA's, rational, it's fair for Arsenal to be seeded higher than City, Juventus, and PSG, teams that are actually champion's of some of Europe's highest profile leagues, because they regularly make it out of easy groups (easy as they are always top seed so don't have to deal with Barca et al) and then fall at the first knockout stage whilst simultaneously failing to win anything of note domestically for years. The coefficient method perpetuates the top sides at the top with relative little effort on their part. Arsenal have qualified for the Champion's League in each of the last 17 seasons, and have 1 final appearance to their name. Are they really, regularly, one of Europe's top 8 sides?!

Yes, it's a constant theme with UEFA isn't it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.