Champs League Draw

aguero93:20 said:
sgerlat said:
I'd like to see how Zabaleta and Kolarov will manage to stop Gervinho and Iturbe.

P.s. Watch out for the Turkish guy (Ucan)
Zaba has shown before he's more than a match for Gervinho mate. Looking forward to seeing Iturbe play, saw him for Porto a few years back and he looked decent.

Gervinho is a whole different player compared to the one he was in London, his only problem is shot accuracy, but he's a winger so I'd rather have him assisting the others, besides that he's fantastic and if you can't draw the best out of him, considering he's physical structure, you're a shitty manager. He just needs good spacing of the pitch and he'll be deadly, Wenger never really gave him the confidence he needed, Garcia did. Also, of course, PL is tougher. I can tell you for sure he's not the player you remember anymore.

Iturbe with Porto played something like 5 games and he was 18-19 yo, are you sure you've seen him? He has matured a lot since then.
They're still kicking themselves for putting the €15m option to buy in Verona's favour, they didn't think he was that good or that they could exercise it. He's crazy fast and aggressive, I'm definitely excited he joined us, great potential too, he could be a nightmare for any defender.

In midfield should be great battle too, I just wish Strootman can play at least half of the games. Realistically speaking he should miss 4 out of 6.

My only concern is Ashley Cole.

Does it really matter who we get?
Have some belief ffs, boys!
Are we the best team in Europe, or not?
If so, we'll win it. If not, we won't.
Get behind the lads and we will go very far, I'm sure.

That Martin Samuel article is 100% correct, would make for a much more interesting draw and actually make the battle for 2nd - 4th more interesting in the league... Wenger knows that as long as he finishes 4th this year then wins a 2 legged play off then he will be in pot 1 and get a nice easy group, shouldn't be the case

sgerlat said:
aguero93:20 said:
sgerlat said:
I'd like to see how Zabaleta and Kolarov will manage to stop Gervinho and Iturbe.

P.s. Watch out for the Turkish guy (Ucan)
Zaba has shown before he's more than a match for Gervinho mate. Looking forward to seeing Iturbe play, saw him for Porto a few years back and he looked decent.

Gervinho is a whole different player compared to the one he was in London, his only problem is shot accuracy, but he's a winger so I'd rather have him assisting the others, besides that he's fantastic and if you can't draw the best out of him, considering he's physical structure, you're a shitty manager. He just needs good spacing of the pitch and he'll be deadly, Wenger never really gave him the confidence he needed, Garcia did. Also, of course, PL is tougher. I can tell you for sure he's not the player you remember anymore.

Iturbe with Porto played something like 5 games and he was 18-19 yo, are you sure you've seen him? He has matured a lot since then.
They're still kicking themselves for putting the €15m option to buy in Verona's favour, they didn't think he was that good or that they could exercise it. He's crazy fast and aggressive, I'm definitely excited he joined us, great potential too, he could be a nightmare for any defender.

In midfield should be great battle too, I just wish Strootman can play at least half of the games. Realistically speaking he should miss 4 out of 6.

My only concern is Ashley Cole.
Saw Iturbe and Kelvin play for them when Hulk, James and Varela were all injured.
Even if Gervinho has improved a lot, I've seen Zaba deal with Ronaldo, Hazard, Ribery, Reus, Neymar, Suarez and Bale effectively in the past so that wing will be the least of our worries, I think the biggest problem we will have (from what I've seen of Garcia's Roma) will be how we match up to the numbers and quality in midfield without losing the attacking effectiveness of Yaya, which is where I think Silva and Jovetic will be key with their ability to help out, create space and release runners further forward. Roma's biggest problem will be Aguero, can't see your defence coping too well with his pace, especially if you try to play a high line to squeeze the midfield.
Hard luck with the draw today, nobody would have wanted to get Roma from pot 4, but we were imo by far and away the toughest lot 2 team and to land one of the 'big 3' on top as well makes it a rotten group for all involved, can't see Bayern being too happy either and CSKA have slim to none chance of qualifying.

Chelsea's last 7 CL draws

BwKYKnEIcAEHIlP.jpg

squirtyflower said:
TFC said:
Once again big Martin hits the nail right on the motherfucking head -

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2737164/Champions-League-draw-tedious-bent-travesty-rewards-mediocre-old-guard-instead-domestic-champions.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490</a>
saying exactly what some of us have been saying on here

but if you think anything like that, the bullies on here tell you to put your tin foil hat on and the berate you for having a sensible opinion with an equally sensible suggestion

He is indeed right. What people sometimes allude to is heated balls and all that nonsense. It's not that at all. The draw is pretty much a non event as it's largely pre conceived due to the seedings or coefficients whatever you want to call it. Arsenal being in pot one being the big example. I agree that the winners of the top 8 leagues should be pot A or even as Samuel suggest 7 top leagues and the holders. If the rags qualify next year no doubt they will be pot A and that's a travesty. Platini has alluded to a shake up so let's see if it changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.