Chances of finishing top 4 within 3 years, what do you guys

Certainly possible within the 3 year timescale you're talking about. Can't see us doing it this coming season though. Top 6 and a cup will do for starters though!

Bilboblue said:
Had a bit of banter with an Arsenal fan I know, he sent me a message taking the piss out of us saying even though we have all the money, until we get a world class manager we will never finish top 4.
He even bet me £50 that we wouldn't do it in the next three seasons.
He misunderstood totally the £47.5m deal talked about in the mirror and it went from there.
I'll copy the messages to here......

Matt (gooner): only city would sign a player for £22m more than what he was gonna cost man utd, another player on £160k a week whos gone there for the trophies yeah right.

me: Matt are you thick or what???
Read the fkin article.
It is the £25.5m transfer fee PLUS his wages over a 5 year deal.
No wonder you gooners are getting worried, you'll be the first team to be knocked out of the top 4 pal.

Matt: bill as long as your arsehole faces the floor city will not get a top 4 spot mate, you can buy everyone you want but without a world class manager who can handle big egos you will struggle, look at robinho £32m and he has been shit for you bud i will bet you £50 city dont finish above arsenal in the next 3 seasons.

me: make it £100 and you are on. Want it all in one go though, not instalments.
Robinho shit all season? 3rd top scorer in the league? Suggest you check your facts before making statements that make you look as stupid as you will do when we finish above you.

So, what do you people think, is my money safe?!

ill take your bet over if you want

jimharri said:
Certainly possible within the 3 year timescale you're talking about. Can't see us doing it this coming season though. Top 6 and a cup will do for starters though!

Have you gained a few posts young sir?

we need defenders urgently we were woeful at the back at times last year especially away if we can get a couple of centre backs we will be in with a shout, without adding to the defence all the money in the world will not make that jump.

i want top four this season, imo we are better than arsenal ..on paper player for player in the whole squad ...but i no we dont play on paper but fuk it top 4 now lol

I just don't want us to be another Spuds who always reckon they can break top4 every pre-season, but in the reality, always finish middle if not bottom half of the table most of the times.

We need to bring in at least 2 top class defenders before we can even think about the top 4.
If we bring them in then i can see us pushing for 4th spot over the next year or two.
I know Arsenal aren't the side they used to be but they are still a bloody decent side, i can see it going down to the wire between us, the Gooners & Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.