Change of Badge ??

2gv1ppg.jpg

This is what he means.

supercity36 said:
RyantheBlue said:
It's classy, the old one was alright but this one looks more modern, I cringe when I see Burnley's badge.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA? burnleys badge is class. our old one is much more classy than the current one

Seriously, Burnley's looks like someone made it on paint, our old one is nothing on our current one.

Pride_In_Battle said:
SouthStand211 said:
a>

This is what he means.

That was our badge between 1970 and 72 I do believe. I prefer it to the one with the Lancs rose tbh

Me too.

With the badge in the middle of the chest too, if possible...

badgemid1960s.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://purelymancity.blogspot.com/2008/04/is-it-time-for-new-badge.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://purelymancity.blogspot.com/2008/ ... badge.html</a>

There is a difference though in that the lettering is white on grey/blue which means that some graphics work has been done on it and so it may just be what's coming...?

Maroon background on the shield?

Can anyone do a colour mock up?

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
Ollie said:
Always wondered what the 3 stars are for. Anyone know?

The're for nothing......

Story is that when Franny Lee took over the 'old badge' copyright was held by the owner of the souvenier shop. Franny wouldn't pay the price asked and had a new badge designed with the request that it was made to look continental. Hence 3 stars

The other story is that the old badge was too close to the Manchester Council one, which they objected to and they asked us to change it

the latest badge was brought in when bernstien was in charge. I worked for the club at the time

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
Ollie said:
Always wondered what the 3 stars are for. Anyone know?

The're for nothing......

Story is that when Franny Lee took over the 'old badge' copyright was held by the owner of the souvenier shop. Franny wouldn't pay the price asked and had a new badge designed with the request that it was made to look continental. Hence 3 stars

The other story is that the old badge was too close to the Manchester Council one, which they objected to and they asked us to change it

I think it was Swales that owned the copyright not the old owner of the souvenir shop. Swales sold the rights of the shop, so City made bugger all money from it. Lee stopped that. The badge came in when we changed to the Kappa shirts, and I think they were part of the designers.

Personally I like the current badge, though I'd dump the stars (at least till we've won the European Cup 3 times ;-) ).

1.618034 said:
Pride_In_Battle said:
That was our badge between 1970 and 72 I do believe. I prefer it to the one with the Lancs rose tbh

Me too.

With the badge in the middle of the chest too, if possible...

badgemid1960s.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://purelymancity.blogspot.com/2008/04/is-it-time-for-new-badge.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://purelymancity.blogspot.com/2008/ ... badge.html</a>

There is a difference though in that the lettering is white on grey/blue which means that some graphics work has been done on it and so it may just be what's coming...?

Maroon background on the shield?

Can anyone do a colour mock up?

Erm............ I think FuCkUM has already nicked that badge.

Copyright issue?

FCUM_BADGE%20JPG(1).jpg

To be perfectly honest I wouldn't mind a change of badge. The current one reminds me of the old Division two / One days. Mind you, on the other side it might be a good thing to keep it as it reminds us of where we've been, I dunno.

someone i know that works at the city shop says this is just the new retro range and they are NOT changing the badge anytime in the near future... not claiming to be ITK just passin on some info

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.