Changes after jabs

In the sun online

The 42-year-old said Ironman and keen mountain climber John though he would only suffer "mild illness" and turned down the jab.

Jenny (twin) said: "He was the fittest, healthiest person I know. He was climbing Welsh mountains and wild camping four weeks before his death.

"The only pre-existing health condition he had was the belief in his own immortality. He thought if he contracted Covid-19 he would be OK.

"He thought he would have a mild illness. He didn't want to put a vaccine on his body."

Mr Eyers, 42 of Southport, Merseyside, died after suffering an infection and organ failure four weeks after testing positive.

Another one

A MUM-of-three died of Covid after she was nervous and too busy to book a vaccine appointment, her heartbroken family has said.

Danni Coombs was tragically killed by the virus just before her 26th birthday after "putting off" getting a jab

For the sake of feeling shit for a day , get it done

Not an anti-vaxxer in ANY way shape or form (hate that I have to caveat my question wirh that, but such is the world these days). Is there anywhere that we know of where specific questions can be asked of the vaccines available, to alleviate fears? My Dad was a fit man. Contracted Covid like I did, spent some time in hospital like I did, and recovered thankfully like I did.

My Dad had the vaccine on 26/02, was in ICU on 28/02, and passed away on 07/04 on a ventilator provided him with 99% of his oxygen. The coroner said natural causes which were disputing/questioning. But none of my family have had the vaccine because of that, no one can tell us what happened and everyone ignores the time correlation between the vaccine and him having 67% blood O2 levels, and the ambulance taking him to hospital.

So, are we safe to have it? Was it a genetic thing? Was the Covid variant we had (don’t know which one) any contributor to what happened? I’ve searched just to able to ask questions to someone that knows what they’re talking about but to no avail, so wondering if anyone knows of any services or helpline?

Not an anti-vaxxer in ANY way shape or form (hate that I have to caveat my question wirh that, but such is the world these days). Is there anywhere that we know of where specific questions can be asked of the vaccines available, to alleviate fears? My Dad was a fit man. Contracted Covid like I did, spent some time in hospital like I did, and recovered thankfully like I did.

My Dad had the vaccine on 26/02, was in ICU on 28/02, and passed away on 07/04 on a ventilator provided him with 99% of his oxygen. The coroner said natural causes which were disputing/questioning. But none of my family have had the vaccine because of that, no one can tell us what happened and everyone ignores the time correlation between the vaccine and him having 67% blood O2 levels, and the ambulance taking him to hospital.

So, are we safe to have it? Was it a genetic thing? Was the Covid variant we had (don’t know which one) any contributor to what happened? I’ve searched just to able to ask questions to someone that knows what they’re talking about but to no avail, so wondering if anyone knows of any services or helpline?
Covid has a thing for seemingly you are recovering but then it has another go at you , he would have had covid again before the vaccine , only my opinion , if the coroner didnt make the link then it is unlikely there was one , sorry for your loss

Speak to a medical professional and seek advice about the benefits and risks of getting the vaccine for you and your family.

Lots of your questions about the circumstances to your dad's death probably don't have clear answers yet. The effect of covid variants and adverse reactions to different vaccine types. The has been a causal link established with deaths of elderly people in Norway who received the pfizer vaccine.

How old was your dad? If he was old and frail. It's much more likely he passed away due to that, than genetic factors.

Lots of people reporting that they think they’ve recovered from having Covid, only to then fall ill as bad or worse than the first bite. They hadn’t recovered the first time, they just felt better for a while.

And there is Long Covid n’all.

There is always that slight chance that someone will have a serious reaction to any vaccine, but those cases should not stop the rest of the population (including you and your family) from having the vaccination.

This is a good report on reactions to the Covid vaccinations:

While that report might make some people more worried about having the vaccine than before reading it, you have to remember that everything(!) has side effects. For example, we need to breathe oxygen in from the air to live, but the way oxygen reacts with our cells it creates free radicals that can change the DNA in our cells and cause cancers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speak to a medical professional and seek advice about the benefits and risks of getting the vaccine for you and your family.

Lots of your questions about the circumstances to your dad's death probably don't have clear answers yet. The effect of covid variants and adverse reactions to different vaccine types. The has been a causal link established with deaths of elderly people in Norway who received the pfizer vaccine.

How old was your dad? If he was old and frail. It's much more likely he passed away due to that, than genetic factors.
Thanks mate.
Lots of people reporting that they think they’ve recovered from having Covid, only to then fall ill as bad or worse than the first bite. They hadn’t recovered the first time, they just felt better for a while.

There is always that slight chance that someone will have a serious reaction to any vaccine, but those cases should not stop the rest of the population (including you and your family) from having the vaccination.

While that report might make some people more worried about having the vaccine than before reading it, you have to remember that everything(!) has side effects. For example, we need to breathe oxygen in from the air to live, but the way oxygen reacts with our cells it creates free radicals that can change the DNA in our cells and cause cancers.
thanks for sharing! Will take a read when I’m home

Thanks mate.

thanks for sharing! Will take a read when I’m home
Hope you make an informed decision mate, also speak to your Doctor as he’ll know much more than me.

Sorry for your loss Blue.

Also on vaccines , every scientist in the world worked on these vaccines , there has never been this co operation before , hundreds of millions have had them and serious side effects are rare and whilst there was so much covid around you just dont know if it has got you again , a coroner should settle the questions really . Having had covid really bad it was still making me ill with low o2 and having to go into hospital in an ambulance , that was july last year after having covid early march

And yet with near 75% of the adult population vaccinated, the roads, shops, businesses etc, all seem to be busy… unless you’re saying that that’s just the other 25% out and about…

The figures of icu, intubation and death for anyone with covid all show that it’s a very high disproportionate amount of that 25% that follow that path. It’s not hard maths to work out.

Imagine 1000 people, 75% vaxxed, which is the current rate in uk adult population.

if 1000 people went to hospital with covid and the vaccine has no effect, 75% of them would be vaxxed.
If the vaccine has only a 10% effect, then you’d expect 750*9/10 =675 vaxx people in hospital + (always) 250 unvaxxed.
So 675 of 925 = 72% of those in hospital are vaxxed if vaccine is 10% effective.
20% effective = 70% of those in hospital
50% effective = 60% of those in hospital
80% effective = 37.5% of those in hospital

if we take the same scenario of 1000 people, 90% vaccinated, so only 100 are unvaxxed, which could be argued is actually where we are at now in the adult population.
10% effective = 90% of those in hospital
50% effective = 82% of those in hospital
80% effective = 64% of those in hospital
90% effective = 47% of those in hospital
95% effective = 31% of those in hospital

so , we are probably in the range of the vaccine being 80%~95% effective in cutting hospitalisations versus unvaxxed, based on actual figures for the (40/60 approx) proportion of people presenting at hospital for covid.

Note, this is hospitalisations, not for the serious stuff leading to deaths. Which as mentioned are even higher percentages for unvaxxed.

Current Figures from the US show an even clearer and higher disproportionate amount.
2 weeks on from this and taking the figures from this story:
85% vaxxed adult population , and 48% of adults in hospital with covid, being vaxxed.

so if 1000 people in hospital with covid, 85% vaxxed.
If vaccine did nothing then 850 out 1000 in hospital would be vaccinated = 85%
If vaccine was 10% effective then 765 out of 915 would be vaccinated = 83%
50% effective is 425/575 = 74%
75% effective is 212/367 = 58%
80% effective is 170/320 = 53%
85% effective is 128/278 = 46%
90% effective is 85/235 = 36%

so the vaccine is working, still, at about 85% effectiveness in keeping vaxxed people out of hospital.

most people would gamble for money at odds of less than 48% (roulette).
Avoiding hospitalisation and onwards at 85% ‘winning’ is a no-brainer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.