Changes to stadium entrances

Stadium today.
The tram queue will probably get messy, would have been easier for the first game to be an afternoon one.
Summerbee’s move and looks small, by Where Do You Want Your Statue Vincent Kompany.
IMG_1734.jpegIMG_1731.jpegIMG_1733.jpegIMG_1732.jpeg

A lot easier to get in and out than I was expecting

Went to summerbees but probably won’t bother again. Not worth the hassle

Got there early knowing we had to walk further to entrance C instead of A.
Probably added just 5 minutes to our walking, but we were there by 7pm.
Lots around us in Family Stand, Tier 2, got their later and (obviously) blamed the club.
After the final whistle, the absence of our usual exits meant it took a lot longer as a lot more people funnelled into the stair well that probably only usually accommodates 33% of the traffic of people last night.
Similarly, outside the ground, as there were various flows of people going in different directions.
If anyone in 236/7/8 exited left instead right (i.e. to a stairwell near to 232/3/4 instead of 242/3/4), can you let us know if it was busy in that corner too so we can weigh up the quickest exit route on future games?
Cheers.

I can see there being a lot more early leavers if going by tram.
The walk seemed for the queue seemed to go on and on.
Not finding Sumerbees did not help.
I was staying in Salford Quays but next time I will get bus back into town.

They need to allow former users of A and Z to use either C or X rather than just the one on the same side. The congested walk from west to east (or east to west) past the tram station would not have been necessary and would have got people in quicker.

Got there early knowing we had to walk further to entrance C instead of A.
Probably added just 5 minutes to our walking, but we were there by 7pm.
Lots around us in Family Stand, Tier 2, got their later and (obviously) blamed the club.
After the final whistle, the absence of our usual exits meant it took a lot longer as a lot more people funnelled into the stair well that probably only usually accommodates 33% of the traffic of people last night.
Similarly, outside the ground, as there were various flows of people going in different directions.
If anyone in 236/7/8 exited left instead right (i.e. to a stairwell near to 232/3/4 instead of 242/3/4), can you let us know if it was busy in that corner too so we can weigh up the quickest exit route on future games?
Cheers.
We’re in 233 and went out left to X spiral (opposite the warm up track) and it was like cattle, a proper bottleneck and a bit of a battle outside the ground too

I can see there being a lot more early leavers if going by tram.
The walk seemed for the queue seemed to go on and on.
Not finding Sumerbees did not help.
I was staying in Salford Quays but next time I will get bus back into town.

The tram queue length was quite deceiving. Once in it, it moved really quickly. Having one set of chicanes instead of two seems to have really sped things up, and there seemed to be a constant stream of "specials" back into town.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.