Changes to stadium entrances

The tram queue length was quite deceiving. Once in it, it moved really quickly. Having one set of chicanes instead of two seems to have really sped things up, and there seemed to be a constant stream of "specials" back into town.
Appreciate the concerns but why do people have to leave it till between 15 to to 10 minutes before kick off to get into the ground ? This is the norm now for nearly 3 years what do folk expect if the club are building a huge project like this !

Appreciate the concerns but why do people have to leave it till between 15 to to 10 minutes before kick off to get into the ground ? This is the norm now for nearly 3 years what do folk expect if the club are building a huge project like this !

Totally agree. I tend to arrive at the ground 90 minutes before kick off, grab a Pancho's burrito or some Northern Soul Grilled Cheese then head for the turnstile an hour before kick off. Spend the time chatting on the concourse or in my seat, and the time flies by. Makes for a much more relaxing day out.

Just had a worrying text from city saying if tryouts are entering via y block and the hand held scanners you need to check the code on the back of your pass? Wtf

Yeah I got that. Told me to check my ticket number. Didn’t even know I had a ticket number, other than supporter number.

Worked fine though. In fact worked better than with turnstiles. Looked pretty easy to jib in mind.

Totally agree. I tend to arrive at the ground 90 minutes before kick off, grab a Pancho's burrito or some Northern Soul Grilled Cheese then head for the turnstile an hour before kick off. Spend the time chatting on the concourse or in my seat, and the time flies by. Makes for a much more relaxing day out.
Because I'd rather be in the pub having a pint with my mates.

They keep putting my ticket down as disabled entrance. So I have to go in via the media entrance and then fanny about asking permission to cut through Joe's bar to get to my block. The club said they'd sorted it on the phone last season but it's still happening this season lol.

The tram queue length was quite deceiving. Once in it, it moved really quickly. Having one set of chicanes instead of two seems to have really sped things up, and there seemed to be a constant stream of "specials" back into town.
Agree, thought it actually worked really well given it was the first game, seemed to move quickly and was back home in Chorlton by 10.50

Thank you for posting this. I hadn’t noticed that Entrance B has been taken off mine and I can now only use Entrance K (I could use B or K previously).
I went in through K, even though they said I had to use B
Only issue was that it didnt seem to work (I presume on Bluetooth) when I held it near the scanner
I had to insert my phone in the slot and us the QR Code

They keep putting my ticket down as disabled entrance. So I have to go in via the media entrance and then fanny about asking permission to cut through Joe's bar to get to my block. The club said they'd sorted it on the phone last season but it's still happening this season lol.
Happened to me for all the CL games last season, quite enjoyed the magical mystery tour first time, 5 games later it was getting a bit tedious. You do end up in the lift with all sorts in that entrance, because it was CL games it was mainly wio & Joleon

We’re in 233 and went out left to X spiral (opposite the warm up track) and it was like cattle, a proper bottleneck and a bit of a battle outside the ground too
Thanks pal.

It looks like we're both stuck, both ways for the foreseeable future then.

We walked down the pathway behind the Squash Centre (aka Citylink) and by the time we'd reached the tramstop, we were hitting oncoming hordes.

There were away speccies in amongst the log-jam, which being Newcastle, was absolutely fine, but, trouble will definitely be brewing from Exit C when the likes of the dippers are stuck in the human traffic.

Will "suck it and see" after the Fulham and Forest games.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.