Changing Surgeries

I had a brilliant relationship with my doctor but nearing retirement he sold his practice to a group and worked on salary, went in one day and the bloke was at breaking point showed me what the practice manager had him booked in to do that day, we spent more time talking about him than the reason for my appointment and in the end he said, fuck em i'm going back to Asia and retiring, and was gone in 6 month...Poor twat they had him on 6 home visits in the morning all over Tameside and a full list of surgery consultations

You could try sending a letter in to your GP explaining your concerns, simple thing like my angioplasty needs urgent attention or I may die

put COPY in large print and keep a copy then they know you may sue if you don’t get help good luck Summerbuzz it’s not easy. sending a letter in to the surgery but it will help,

Also the mental health people may write on your behalf if you tell them about your physical problems good luck it’s really hard dealing with the loss of your parents stay strong

My surgery have been brilliant all through covid , my dr retired , young but nearly died from covid so couldnt continue , they have no new dr to take on his cases so i am floating at the min and have been for months

The surgery has half the drs they had pre covid and are down several nurses , burn out and long covid etc

I was told nobody wants a partnership anymore and locums are like gold dust

They are doing there best

If you cant get through at eight am , who can tbf then call again at eleven and one and three , appts come up on phone so at least you can talk to someone and maybe go in

They are not trying to be heartless i can assure you of that

Another tip is to call the drs secretary at the hospital that you have been referred to if something is taking ages , it is quicker that way , if you dont know the drs name then just phone the dept , eg gastro or ent and ask to speak to a secretary and one will find you on the system

This won't be popular.

When I went in to my surgery to get a flu jab during covid the staff were busy making tea and toast and chatting for the whole time I was waiting (a LONG time). If I did that at any company I worked for imagine the result.

This won't be popular.

When I went in to my surgery to get a flu jab during covid the staff were busy making tea and toast and chatting for the whole time I was waiting (a LONG time). If I did that at any company I worked for imagine the result.
They take breaks when they can , tea and toast keeps them going , going without breaks doesnt help anyone

Thanks for the help, advice and support lads and lasses.

One thing I figured matter is that when they call me, you never get a time assigned. This is disastrous for me. I really can't always just switch on my brain. It's so much better to organise and prepare mentally towards an appointed hour.

New Hire called me and offered an appt Monday. I can get the basics going with that. Then I think I want to thrash it out with the guy I spoke to yesterday. Not much point going over old ground but I think it's the best way to get a good situation going forward.

When I thought about it, there were countless things that might have been caught if he'd seen me face to face last year. For a starters, he might have taken my pulse and BP. Then there's actually looking at the patient's body, rather than going of their half assed attempt to get your attention.

Face to face is vital, for many reasons. I'm all in favour of telephone and webcam stuff being provided to relieve the pressure, but we need to remember how important face to face is solve problems.

Big love, hugs, and care for anyone else in a similair situation right now.

This won't be popular.

At my surgery they aren’t using secretaries to administer flu jabs ….yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.