Chants we may never hear at the Etihad again?

The hate started in '76

Dennis king of all Geordies first leg , bar, across the line and disallowed

Fast forward 2nd leg and the bastards ran us in the allies behind the platt lane ( we were 13 years old !)

Then that f@cking year when we played them 2x leauge, once league cup and once FA cup and we lost the lot

Didsbury Dave said:
When city have a corner, the crowd start with a 15 second 'ciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii' which only turns to 'teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' when the kick is about to be taken.

used to love singing this on the kippax...another chant which just went out of fashion almost overnight.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:18 am --<br /><br />
allan harper said:
Celtic/Rangers Celtic/Rangers

Fucking hated that shite.

another kippax regular...i seem to remember it only broke out in dull periods of play..nothing happening on the pitch..and suddenly it echoed round the stand.what a load of nonsense!

SWSB said:
used to like whistling the Laurel and Hardy tune when the coppers did their walk round the pitch.

or.. get yer tits out for the lads when female programme/pie sellers used to walk round the pitch at half time..used both home and away this one.

e for b and francis lee tony tony coleman who who. hes here hes there hes every effin where tommy booth tommy booth. come on without come on within you,ve not seen nothing like the mighty wynn. joe joe ,joe royle, it would be great if we all sang la la la summerbee at games today

BluePurgatory said:
Funniest chant was when we played Shef Utd away at the start of our dark days and they were chanting "We Hate Wednesday" and City replied "We hate Saturday"

I'm sure I remember "I don't like Mondays" on the tannoy at Sheffield and we piped up "we don't like Wednesday......we're gonna shoot shoot shoot the bast*rds down" and they took the song off!

'Shit team, great fans' sang at Selhurst Park in 96 losing 3:0 to Wimbledon under Alan Ball heading for relegation.
We clearly were shit, great fans? We didn't have any before 2008 did we?
Asked a mate of mine if he thought the players would appreciate the humour, he was a teacher and said it would be like his students singing 'shit teacher, great class'.
Don't think the likes of N.Sumerbee, Creaney, Kernaghan (?) Frontzeck and Clough really gave a toss anyway
To be fair to Nigel though, he was a lot more gracious than most (Pullis,Dyche etc..) when we beat his Burton team 9;0.

It was always shameful to hear top left of Kippax chant 'Gas' and make hissing sounds when Spurs visited.

I'm ashamed to admit I did it myself as an impressionable young kid, you can get taken away by the majority around you.

Then by age 12 I grew the fuck up and learned a bit about the world and history.

Different times, chanting about oxygen tents on runways and Marietta Higgs paedo investigations in Teesside.

All in the name of getting a rise, rather than malice or any knowledge.

I loved regularly going to the matches with my dad from the 80s and mid-90s.

Some amazing memories but don't let anyone tell you it wasn't that far removed from caged animals being allowed to piss up brick walls and chant anything they wanted.

Like this one...
Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend,
Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.