Chappy retires :( Merged - BBC Interview (P6)

Shaelumstash said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Cook amd Mancini who were both fired you mean?

Thought so.

Cook and Mancini who took us from 10th to Champions in 3 seasons. Cook and Mancini who won our first trophy in 35 years, our first title in 44 years, yep those two.

But forget about that, and keep harking back to the days of drinking Mild in the City Social club with your "In the Know" mates, and how we were a "proper club" when we were in the 3rd division.

The reason Cook and Mancini were so great is because they were so ambitious and driven that they wouldn't let dullards like you who would have preferred us to stay the cosy old boys club who never achieved anything get in their way. :-)
Your assessment of DD as some misty-eyed, mawkish sentimentalist is wholly wrong. He has as good a feel for the reality of this club's history, good and bad bits alike, as any other poster. He is a realist, with a healthy dose of cynicism thrown in.

Also, he doesn't strike me as a mild drinker.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Shaelumstash said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Thought so.

Cook and Mancini who took us from 10th to Champions in 3 seasons. Cook and Mancini who won our first trophy in 35 years, our first title in 44 years, yep those two.

But forget about that, and keep harking back to the days of drinking Mild in the City Social club with your "In the Know" mates, and how we were a "proper club" when we were in the 3rd division.

The reason Cook and Mancini were so great is because they were so ambitious and driven that they wouldn't let dullards like you who would have preferred us to stay the cosy old boys club who never achieved anything get in their way. :-)
Your assessment of DD as some misty-eyed, mawkish sentimentalist is wholly wrong. He has as good a feel for the reality of this club's history, good and bad bits alike, as any other poster. He is a realist, with a healthy dose of cynicism thrown in.

Not sure on the Mild, but he reminds of one of those old timer Main Stand types who smoke JPS, drink Mild and wear the same beige trench coat season after season. The type who alludes to knowing people in The Masons and thinks it will impress people.

The misty eyed suggestion was a reference back to one of DD's more infamous posts where he suggested the 3rd Division play off was a better day than when we won the league with the Aguero goal.

Shaelumstash said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Shaelumstash said:

Not sure on the Mild, but he reminds of one of those old timer Main Stand types who smoke JPS, drink Mild and wear the same beige trench coat season after season. The type who alludes to knowing people in The Masons and thinks it will impress people.

The misty eyed suggestion was a reference back to one of DD's more infamous posts where he suggested the 3rd Division play off was a better day than when we won the league with the Aguero goal.
Not seeking to trespass upon your squabble, but it's a subjective view, not without some foundation in logic and therefore one he's perfectly entitled to hold.

Anyway, as I say, not seeking to involve myself anymore than hitherto. I'll leave you to it :-)

He would strike me as a bit ''marmite'', really. When he's being sensible, he's alright. But as soon as he starts doing those daft faces and silly voices, I switch off.

meeesh said:
Noticed he was on the plane to the USA tour,what is he now then our Bernard Halford 2 ?

What about Nicola McCarthy? Didnt she say hello to Chappy once and this new girl got the job we saw in Scotland tour videos?:)

Shaelumstash said:
[

Son. I appreciate you've spent three years trying maniacally and unsuccessfully to score points over me.

But don't make shit up, eh?

You can't win this fight. Get the message. It's over. Finished. Like your two heroes.

Shaelumstash said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Thought so.

Bang on the money!
Dismal is the only true blue on this forum.
Anyone and everyone else are just clueless JCL's

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.