Charities

The big charities have to be run well and the paid staff at the top do a job like anyone else working for a big company. If they were paid £80k or so to run it then they would probably quickly move on to a better paid role and the charity then has to keep recruiting trying to find someone committed to the cause and willing to work for less than market rate.

I’m not connected to any charity so this is just my opinion. I’m happy to donate monthly to Alzheimer’s Research and they communicate regularly, it feels worthwhile.

The big charities have to be run well and the paid staff at the top do a job like anyone else working for a big company. If they were paid £80k or so to run it then they would probably quickly move on to a better paid role and the charity then has to keep recruiting trying to find someone committed to the cause and willing to work for less than market rate.

I’m not connected to any charity so this is just my opinion. I’m happy to donate monthly to Alzheimer’s Research and they communicate regularly, it feels worthwhile.
Yes and likewise so do my other Charity, the National Deaf Society who send out monthly updates etc.

I work for a national charity and they operate on 2 levels. One is the fundraising and donation level and this is healthy re finances. The second level is the care level and this is funded primarily by the people they support via their benefits. Many families donate thinking this money supports the people we look after. It goes to lobbying government and media campaigns etc. This is not necessarily a bad thing as it helps everyone long term.
Gone are the days where people voluntarily give time free and charities are no different. Personally I support the smaller charities re hospice care etc. It's a sad indictment that we even need these organisations but to many they are a lifeline

Charity shops need a rethink. There’s many near me but none sell anything I could want. Oxfam Originals on Oldham Street once got me a pair of Levi’s for something like £15.

For a large organisation, you need managers etc and someone at the top. And those positions need to pay the going rate.

Charity CEO's don't get as much as those in the private sector for the equivalent role. So it's to be argued that they don't spend loads.

You're best looking at the total they raise and the total spent on charitable activities. Usually 75% is spent on activities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.