Charity auction, signed shirt, how much is it worth?

Bury Hospice

Hi,

I'm the community fundraiser for Bury Hospice and we have an event coming up towards the end of November. One of the items up for auction is a signed MCFC shirt that came to us unofficially via someone who works for the club. This person asked his 'friends', in other words the players, to sign the shirt for us. As far as I'm aware, it is not a match played shirt.

Signed by:

1 Shay Given
4 Nedum Onuoha
5 Pablo Zabaleta
10 Robinho
14 Santa Cruz
27 Benjani Mwaruwari
29 Kelvin Etuhu
34 Nigel de Jong
40 Vladimir Weiss

Plus a few others without numbers, whose signatures we have been unable to decipher. The shirt is at the framers, so I don't have a picture of it right now, but it's blue with a white collar. I know absolutely nothing about football, so a friend of mine suggested this website as the best place to get some good advice.

Does anyone have any idea how much reserve we should put on it?

If you have some die hard blues there (and can decipher the names you dont know) it could go for a pretty penny.

The more recognizable names on there, the better the price I would say.

Good luck!

:)

Make sure it's quite late, when lots of people are fairly drunk, and start off at £100. Go up in £20s. Or if, for example someone goes 120 see if the next will go to 150 and so on. It'll get to £300 in no time, which is probably about right. As a poster said they can go for much more depending on the audience too. Also, if you have a few items, don't auction it with cheaper items, as people will think they can get it cheap. Either make it the last thing, and build it right up, or do it first before anyone has spent anything.

Good luck...

Make sure that people know at the start of the event its there to be auctioned, advertise the night.

I recently went to a charity night in aid of Christies Oldham, there was a signed Scholes shirt for auction, the lad who won it came especially from Blackpool for it with £500 in his pocket for it, it didnt reach that amount but he was prepared to go that far,
If you get the right people on the right night then you are in for a winner.

On the night mentioned ooop there /\ I won a prize in the raffle, a signed picture of Scholes .... goes well with the scar on my knee he gave me as a youngster.

All depends on who is in the room. Start at £100.

Are some of you forgetting that it's being framed? Framing costs around £100 give or take, so if this has already been done, the shirt will fetch more than the couple of hundred suggested I'd have thought. Robinho's sig probably bumps up the value too.

Bury Hospice - I'm sure if you post a pic of the shirt sigs when you get it back, we may be able to help decipher some. I have a signed shirt which is likely to have some of the same sigs on it and I know whose most of them are, and I am sure others are in a similar position, so we could perhaps compare if it helps?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.