Charity Nominations For Xmas Party

blue_bird

Counting how many times Mancini says 'important'..
Every year a charitable cause has landed on our lap and we have given the proceeds to them. This year nothing has cropped up so would like some suggestions as to which charity to dedicate this years Christmas party to.

JFT96 has been put forward already but would like to hear a few more suggestions.

Ideally, it would be a cause we haven't donated to before.

Thanks.

MCFC Ghana Babies.

The teams are based in a very poor part of Northern Ghana. Myself and others have done some fund raising for them in the past.

Struan Malcolm is currently trying to raise £3,000 so the school all the players attend can have toilets built. Currently the pupils have to take a 30 minute walk into the bush to relieve themselves. There was an Appeal on Bluemoon recently to try and raise the £3,000 but the money raised was only £845 which is a good start but way short of the £3,000 needed.

The MCFC Ghana Babies have been going for about 5 years now. The set up and supporters branch is run by a local teacher Peter Amoabil who is a City fanatic. I can't remember off hand if it's 3 or 4 junior teams he runs under the banner of MCFC

The MCFC Ghana Babies is a registered charity.

Earlier this year some of the team almost died when their mini bus was involved in an accident on the way back from a tournament they had just won. If you google MCFC Ghana Babies you should find more info.

Kind regards
Alex the Blue

The Christie - local and very worthwhile.
I'm sure most of us have had some experience of cancer wither directly or through family or friends.

Natalie Pike is involved with the fundrasing for them too.

I did actually think of MCFC Ghana Babies when reading the OP, and Alex has done this charity justice with his post.

I heard about what they had/are attempting to achieve at a supporters club meeting and i think this would be the ideal charity of choice

I would like the money raised to stay in this country, so Ghana is out as far as I'm concerned, even thought it is a good cause.

The Royal Manchester Children's Hospital would get my vote.

blue_bird said:
Every year a charitable cause has landed on our lap and we have given the proceeds to them. This year nothing has cropped up so would like some suggestions as to which charity to dedicate this years Christmas party to.

JFT96 has been put forward already but would like to hear a few more suggestions.

Ideally, it would be a cause we haven't donated to before.

Thanks.

JFT96 would be good. It would show solidarity between football fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.