Charity Shield - Post Match Thread

A lot of people in this forum including me took a lot of stick for questioning the jorghinio signing. I'm hopeful that its clear why we were opposed to it. Good player but so is fabregas. Doesn't mean you would have in are team. If anything. I am being unfair as he did not have much support but all the same their is no way he would start over any of are players who can sit in ferns position. No fuckin way. Ps. Feel sorry for Sarri he's up against with an unbalanced squad not capable of playing the way he wants to play. Chelsea reminded me of us in peps first year but without any seeds of optimism about what their trying to do.
You cannot question Jorginho or infact Chelsea on one match i Thought Mahrez was a little off the pace but fully aware in a 3-4 games he will be gel into the quality player we know he is

Great game to watch that.

We were good but I'm not sure how good because Chelsea are learning a new system while having players that will struggle to fit into it much as we did in Pep's first season. I don't think Abramovich will have the patience for the transition period should it take longer than they hope, unless the reason for the tightening of purse strings in the transfer market over the past few years was to allow a rebuild and change of style? In which case he'd have to be patient.

Regardless of that, what a difference it is at City when Kompany not starting isn't even a talking point, or Silva and KDB both absent but we still looked fluent with plenty of attacking intent and chances to score. Foden and Diaz looking better all the time. Bernardo Silva will have had more than a few rival fans worried/envious on that form he showed today, if they didn't get why we signed him before they will now.

It’s all they’ve got.
Taunts about money , taunts about crowd sizes - you won’t hear too many taunts about the football!

Chelsea fans taunting about crowds is hilarious given the state of theirs before Romans money arrived and in what was basically a home game for them.

Great performance today...and without D Silva, De Bruyne and Sterling!

Foden's display the highlight for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.