Charlotte, North Carolina

It’s for one of the big banks. A former boss has approached me having worked for him previously.

Will be heading over to take a look soon.

Once upon a time I’d have instantly dismissed an opportunity like this, however now kids are older, world seems smaller plus have seen City win everything other than the Champions League

If we didn’t like it we could always come back so feels like there really is nothing to lose
Drysdale Bank ?
[URL='https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/418553359102484400/']

[/URL]

I’ve been there frequently on business for the last 15+ years. It’s a nice enough place to visit. If you want to live there, it would probably be OK too as long as you either fit in, or are prepared to make concessions to do so. What I mean by that is, in your business dealings (if not your social too) you’ll be fine if you’re white, male, Christian (of the right sort), conservative and can be prepared to live in and around social and racial attitudes from the Victorian era.

I’ve been there frequently on business for the last 15+ years. It’s a nice enough place to visit. If you want to live there, it would probably be OK too as long as you either fit in, or are prepared to make concessions to do so. What I mean by that is, in your business dealings (if not your social too) you’ll be fine if you’re white, male, Christian (of the right sort), conservative and can be prepared to live in and around social and racial attitudes from the Victorian era.
Really? That bad?

Let me be blunt -- this is near my least favorite major city in America, and I've been to 46 states and every city of the top 50 in size of the US by population except for Cincinnati.

I too worked for big banks, both of the two largest in town actually. The suburbs are fine, like many others, and it's cheap. There's a lot to do in North Carolina, just not there. The downtown shuts at 6 PM, and is utterly soulless, absolutely devoid of interest. Raleigh-Durham and Asheville are far nicer, as is the coast. Even Winston-Salem is more interesting. The best part about Charlotte is stepping off the jetway and through the door of the plane home. I'd move to almost most any city in America first. I detest it.

Let me be blunt -- this is near my least favorite major city in America, and I've been to 46 states and every city of the top 50 in size of the US by population except for Cincinnati.

I too worked for big banks, both of the two largest in town actually. The suburbs are fine, like many others, and it's cheap. There's a lot to do in North Carolina, just not there. The downtown shuts at 6 PM, and is utterly soulless, absolutely devoid of interest. Raleigh-Durham and Asheville are far nicer, as is the coast. Even Winston-Salem is more interesting. The best part about Charlotte is stepping off the jetway and through the door of the plane home. I'd move to almost most any city in America first. I detest it.
The South is a fucked up area, didn't realise that it's that bad....shouldn't be surprised I guess

Really? That bad?

IME among the higher echelons of the business community and other movers and shakers - yes. A mate of mine who is originally from India moved there a couple of years ago. He has a decent job in fintech and has a nice enough life, but only because of the expat community he lives within. He knows he’ll have to move away to really advance his career and he’ll never truly fit in there.

IME among the higher echelons of the business community and other movers and shakers - yes. A mate of mine who is originally from India moved there a couple of years ago. He has a decent job in fintech and has a nice enough life, but only because of the expat community he lives within. He knows he’ll have to move away to really advance his career and he’ll never truly fit in there.
Fair enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.