Cheap players we SHOULD have bought this window

zlaz3r

Okay here goes my first topic. (UPDATED)

There are a few players so far that i feel we should have bought to strengthen our squad. Now i am talking about cheap signing that i think would have given us more choices and strengthen our squad.

[bigimg]http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/ts_news_article_header_image/Nuri_Sahin_0.jpg[/bigimg]

1. Nuri Sahin - Either on loan or permanent.
- Deep lying midfielder who i think has everything we need right now. He passing range and precision is amazing, and in defense his anticipation makes up a lot for his lack of physical presence.

[bigimg]http://img.skysports.com/10/06/640/Milos-Krasic_2466324.jpg[/bigimg]

2. Milos Krasic. - Signed for Fenerbahce for £ 5,5m
- Tricky pacy winger who we were after last season, but opted to go for Juve.

[bigimg]http://ciyaaro.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/santi.jpg[/bigimg]

3. Santi Carzola - Probably going to Arsenal for around £ 12.1m
- Midfielder in the Mata/Silva but can also play as a pacy winger with tricky skills and killer crosses

[bigimg]http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01543/jan_1543751a.jpg[/bigimg]

4. Jan Vertonghen - Signed for spurs for £ 10m
- Center back who would fit perfectly with vinnie, he is tall, strong, pretty fast, tricky and comfortable with the ball. He got a mean shoot on him and got some leadership abilities, plays on the same national side as our captain so that's only a plus.

[bigimg]http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/565/345/98810706_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75[/bigimg]

5. Xherdan Shaqiri - Signed for Bayern for around £ 9,5m
- Fast strong and pacy winger with tricks and crossing abilities. Think of a Hulk type of winger, but with a better football brain. He single-handedly defeated united in CL and threw them out of the competition, reason enough that we should have bought him.

[bigimg]http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01542/marin_1542638a.jpg[/bigimg]

6. Marko Marin -Signed for Chelsea for around £ 6,5m
- Can play on both sides as a winger, and as an offensive midfielder. Pacy with a killer pass, got good technique and tricks. Played well for club and country.

Nice first thread :)

I would happily have seen any of these join although Carzola may have been a player to much in that area of the pitch, that said he can play the wings as you mention.

On the flip side i am totally fine with our current squad.

TCIB said:

I would happily have seen any of these join although Carzola may have been a player to much in that area of the pitch, that said he can play the wings as you mention.

If Aguero didn't score the last minute winner, would you still be saying you're totally fine with the current squad?

argyle said:
TCIB said:

If Aguero didn't score the last minute winner, would you still be saying you're totally fine with the current squad?

He did though so why would i bother thinking about what if's ? i deal with what "is".

TCIB said:
argyle said:
TCIB said:

He did though so why would i bother thinking about what if's ? i deal with what "is".

You miss the point.

We came within a minute of losing the title to the scum with that squad - the fact we ended up winning it is making people overly confident that we'll do it again. If we want it to be slightly easier next time we need to strengthen.

argyle said:
TCIB said:
argyle said:

You miss the point.

We came within a minute of losing the title to the scum with that squad - the fact we ended up winning it is making people overly confident that we'll do it again. If we want it to be slightly easier next time we need to strengthen.

Not at all, who says they will be stronger ? they punched well above their weight last season.

I'm not saying your wrong but i do think some feel we will fall flat on our faces should we not add to the squad, and that is not the case imo.

Balo for instance hopefully comes good and the team know each other better, tactics and understanding will improve also.
We had the hassle with Tevez also which did not help.

The current squad is good enough to win the prem, however an arguement for us needing more experienced players for a solid surge at the CL could be made.

I can't see Carzola going for less than 16-17 million which would be about £25mill for City.

Same as the others. Add 5-10million on for us, then blame us for inflating the prices when it's them. Cunts.

TCIB said:
argyle said:
TCIB said:

You miss the point.

Not at all, who says they will be stronger ? they punched well above their weight last season.

I'm not saying your wrong but i do think some feel we will fall flat on our faces should we not add to the squad, and that is not the case imo.

Balo for instance hopefully comes good and the team know each other better, tactics and understanding will improve also.
We had the hassle with Tevez also which did not help.

The current squad is good enough to win the prem, however an arguement for us needing more experienced players for a solid surge at the CL could be made.

I agree with this. The rags were above there weight last season and some how kept Shrek injury free. They lose Shrek for any length of time they lose games. Scholes,Giggs,Wio,Carrick all getting older and slower and Vidic will struggle to get back to what he was before he was injured imo. Unless the Rags go out and buy a box 2 box midfielder and cover for Shrek I see them struggling to win the league.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:27 am --<br /><br />As for players we should of bought i'd say Marin & Santi. Someone who should of gone for imo was Oscar he looks absolute class for Brazil although he wasn't cheap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.