Cheap players we SHOULD have bought this window

Emiliano Armenteros.

Was signed by Osasuna on a free transfer. Could have been a Backup for Nasri. A Squad player. Plays wide left and gets the ball in the box. hustles. Can score it. Plays tough D. A Zaba type for the offensive end and he could have been ours for free.

Hoilett is the one 'cheap' signing that would have added something to our squad. Plus it could have given Johnson a kick up the backside as they'd be in direct competition.

king said:
montolivo ,cristian zapata , santi and isco
Always rated this guy, whenever I've watched him he's been a class act. Joined AC on a free I think, that's a steal.

For me:

Nuri Sahin

or

Riccardo Montolivo - Fiorentina > Milan FREE

Jan Vertonghen - Ajax > Spurs £10m

and

Marco Reus - Monchengladbach > Dortmund £13m

or

Ezequiel Lavezzi - Napoli > PSG £27m

Are any of the players mentioned an improvement on what we already have? Or are people looking at them as squad reinforcements?

It is a tough job trying to find players who are available to improve us. And that is surely the aim this year. The only person who has moved who would have genuinely improved us was Thiago Silva. Unfortunately we weren't prepared to match PSG's offer.

Mancini - “It’s not easy when City try to buy a player.

“The club we are buying from asks for 30 or 40 per cent more."

We will be stronger next season regardless of new signings. That said I am full sure we will add the two/three players needed in the next four weeks to make us even stronger again.

rastus said:
Victor Moses/ Junior Hoilett

I thought VM had a bit of a breakthrough season last year and impressed whenever I saw him play. Would be a usefull addition to the squad.

BlueSinclair said:
People are saying the cheats punched above their weight last year. Maybe, maybe not. The fact is that they where incredibly close to winning it, and they have got vidic back, and and excellent player from dortmund. They are STRONGER than last year. City have not strengthen, and let all these good players go. I have a really bad feeling about this, and we let Weiss go for peanuts. Maybe not good enough, bu surely worth something. No not with city business.

Seriously city, can you turn this shit business around, I can't remember the last time we sold a player for a profit. Swp? And how come other clubs can have their transfer in order, but city can't?

It may sound too negative and black and white, I'm just worried. City need one or two players, I'm damn sure of it, to be able to compete. Our two main rivals chelsea and the cheats are stronger this year, even Arsenal and Spurs is looking fearsome. I know there are more to a team than getting a few players in, but if we look at the paper, and last years fact, I loosely put city maybe at 3th place, maybe even at 5.

Fucking drama queen.

We've just won the league, our Academy is now in Category 1 status, our Manager has just signed for 5 years and our captain for 6 years - and to quote you "seriously city, can you turn this shit business around". Get a grip mate and stop flapping. Trust the owners and Mancini, they've not failed us so far.

You are deluded if you think that we would have been able to get any of them players for those prices.

Factor in that all of them are moving to go straight into the team. We realistically could offer Sahin a place in the first 11.

As for the people saying if Aguero hadn't scored we wouldn't be happy with the squad. If Young hadn't dived for penalties, if we got the penalty v Chelsea, if we got the pen v Everton, if the lino called Sunderlands goal in last min and if Chelsea hadnt bottled it against the rags 3-0 up the QPR game wouldnt have mattered anyway.

I think people are really underestimating what winning the league does. We could sign no one and still challenge easily.

We will sign players however. If you don't trust in the people running the club and Mancini then don't but I do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.