Cheapest Way To Munich

Definitely. I posted on your other thread.

Not sure what time we're arriving as we have to check-in on our hotel on the way to Munich.
Expect we'll be there for about 3.00-4.00. Kick of is 8.45 local time.

There is two daytickets called Bayernticket for the "Bahn".

You can use them after 9 a clock in the morning until the train service is stopped for the night at all regional trains (no ICE...) in Bavaria (Salzburg in Austria is included) and the MVV (Munich transport, S-Bahn, U-Bahn and Busses).

The single ticket costs 21 EUR - the group ticket for up to 5 persons (I do not know if you have to write the names on them) costs 29 EUR.

The ones that only travel inside Munich or the outskirts can get a day ticket just for MVV or single tickets and stripe tickets, take a day oder 3-day-pass for it as the the stripe system is to difficult to understand (I am used to the Frankfurt system and survived the Milan system when I lived there - but that was different).

blumoon said:
CTID1974 said:
rickmcfc said:
Brilliant mate. Did you do the Zurich route after i pointed it out to you in this thread? Love hearing blues stories of getting to away games via obscure places!!!

whats that about the match ticket and train travel ?!?!?!

Match tickets double as free rail passes in the Bundesliga. Actually In Germany the fan is king. The Bundesliga has the lowest ticket prices and the highest average attendance of Europe's five major leagues.

unfortunately not at FC Bayern. Their tickets do not include free train rides

Maldeika said:
There is two daytickets called Bayernticket for the "Bahn".

You can use them after 9 a clock in the morning until the train service is stopped for the night at all regional trains (no ICE...) in Bavaria (Salzburg in Austria is included) and the MVV (Munich transport, S-Bahn, U-Bahn and Busses).

The single ticket costs 21 EUR - the group ticket for up to 5 persons (I do not know if you have to write the names on them) costs 29 EUR.

The ones that only travel inside Munich or the outskirts can get a day ticket just for MVV or single tickets and stripe tickets, take a day oder 3-day-pass for it as the the stripe system is to difficult to understand (I am used to the Frankfurt system and survived the Milan system when I lived there - but that was different).

How much for the all-in day ticket to use on both U-Bahn and S-Bahn in Munich mate?

Just booked from Birmingham to Munich via Zurich. £211 with Swiss.

Depart BMI at 8:40 to Zurich. 45 min stopover in Zurich then Zurich to Munich, arriving 13:10.

Anyone else on this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.