Ched Evans - serious injury

nimrod said:
Helmet Cole said:
Sentence served. No strong feelings either way on this until I got the change.org petition to stop him resigning for sheffield. Smells like a witch-hunt - if the judge wanted him sentenced to 40 years on the dole surely he would have said so? Time for all involved to not forgive, or forget, but to move on.

and to carry that on, would you want him representing your country if he became good enough ?

I know I wouldnt
that is a moral stand & not a legal one ,i wouldnt be comfortable with a convicted rapist representing my country ,but legaly he could ,in this barmy world he could probably sue the fa if they didnt pick him

cyberblue said:
Metodscaeft DeadBlue said:
People keep saying its their job and he should be allowed to continue to play.

A job? If any single one of our players say this is just a job and decide to go on holiday to Spain for a couple of weeks mid-season then I'm pretty sure most would not like that to say the least. To say a footballer deserves to earn his living as its his job once he is convicted of rape is purely ignorant. Imagine this woman was a relative or a friend. Would you still have the same sentiment?

Evans should not be allowed to play again. He should go to try to find a job somewhere else. Perhaps Tesco are taking on.
Why is it ok for him to work at Tesco where there will be daily contact with female staff & not allowed to play football .
Presumably as he'd only earn minimum wage, because that's the only possible 'logic' I can see in this line of argument. Successful people leave prison every week and go back to being successful. I'm not sure why we should be making a special case just because he happens to be a footballer.

1961_vintage said:
Sorry but his whole act is just a little bit too much on the sweaty side for my liking.
Think you need the Lee Evans thread but then again......

will Pistorius be welcomed back to the athletics track after he's served his three months house arrest for killing his girlfriend?

Sergio Aguero is convicted of rape two weeks before the last game of the season against QPR in 2012. Knowing the result of the trial will have a massive bearing on the success of City's season you follow the trial intently. You hear of the circumstances and the evidence via the media present at the trial and you are more then a little shocked at the guilty verdict.

The loss of City's best player demoralizes the camp and they draw the final game of the season 2-2, allowing bitter rivals Manchester United to steal the title from under City's nose. Let the torment and ridicule commence.

The following season you flirt with the title and Champions League places before ultimately losing out in the last few months of the season, dropping to 5th. The failure to qualify for the Champions League results in the loss of many of City's top players and the team is now unrecognizable form the side that missed out on the title by one goal a year earlier. As a result the 2013/14 season starts terribly. City are relegation certs till a late run of form from Feb onwards takes you out of danger.

City make a very average start to the current season, sitting mid-table while your rivals continue to flourish. Your fallen hero Sergio Aguero is released from prison tomorrow. He continues to protest his innocence and is desperate to rejoin the club. City are in desperate need of a quality center forward. Would you give him a chance?

Egon said:
Sergio Aguero is convicted of rape two weeks before the last game of the season against QPR in 2012. Knowing the result of the trial will have a massive bearing on the success of City's season you follow the trial intently. You hear of the circumstances and the evidence via the media present at the trial and you are more then a little shocked at the guilty verdict.

The loss of City's best player demoralizes the camp and they draw the final game of the season 2-2, allowing bitter rivals Manchester United to steal the title from under City's nose. Let the torment and ridicule commence.

The following season you flirt with the title and Champions League places before ultimately losing out in the last few months of the season, dropping to 5th. The failure to qualify for the Champions League results in the loss of many of City's top players and the team is now unrecognizable form the side that missed out on the title by one goal a year earlier. As a result the 2013/14 season starts terribly. City are relegation certs till a late run of form from Feb onwards takes you out of danger.

City make a very average start to the current season, sitting mid-table while your rivals continue to flourish. Your fallen hero Sergio Aguero is released from prison tomorrow. He continues to protest his innocence and is desperate to rejoin the club. City are in desperate need of a quality center forward. Would you give him a chance?

Yes.

Egon said:

Incredibly stupid post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.