Ched Evans - serious injury

I generally agree that once you've done your time you should be able to start again. But that doesnt mean that there shouldnt be ongoing consequences after a rape conviction. Very few very high earning rapists would be able to resume their career at the same level, which I dont think is a bad thing. A top eaning lawyer or accountant would be struck off by their profession. It just doesnt seem quite right that he can simply resume his career eaning hundreds of thousands per year.

A better outcome, but one which will not happen, would be if he were to start again at the bottom of the professional ladder. Play for at least a couple of years in League 2 before earning the big money again.

cibaman said:
I generally agree that once you've done your time you should be able to start again. But that doesnt mean that there shouldnt be ongoing consequences after a rape conviction. Very few very high earning rapists would be able to resume their career at the same level, which I dont think is a bad thing. A top eaning lawyer or accountant would be struck off by their profession. It just doesnt seem quite right that he can simply resume his career eaning hundreds of thousands per year.

A better outcome, but one which will not happen, would be if he were to start again at the bottom of the professional ladder. Play for at least a couple of years in League 2 before earning the big money again.

I can't disagree at all I wouldn't really like to see him back in the big time

EalingBlue2 said:
cibaman said:

When was he ever in the big time? He played 16 games for us in the Premier League, most of them substitute appearances. Before his prison sentence, he'd spent 3 years gradually sliding down to League 1, where he finally scored some goals. Seems perfectly suited to that level, because for Sheff Utd in the Championship, he managed a grand total of 13 in 67. And I'm sure that two and a half years in prison has helped his development massively.

I'm With Stupid said:
EalingBlue2 said:
cibaman said:

When was he ever in the big time? He played 16 games for us in the Premier League, most of them substitute appearances. Before his prison sentence, he'd spent 3 years gradually sliding down to League 1, where he finally scored some goals. Seems perfectly suited to that level, because for Sheff Utd in the Championship, he managed a grand total of 13 in 67. And I'm sure that two and a half years in prison has helped his development massively.

He was reportedly on £20k pw, which is, by most standards, a big time salary. I dont suppose Sheffield United will pay that much when he resumes his career but it will probably still be several times average earnings.

I've already said what I think of Evans on this thread but it does seem like a lot of the people who don't want him to play football feel that way through jealousy rather than anything else. It seems there is a problem with his potential future earnings rather than him actually playing football.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Reports of rapes,sex offences are very high..

Obtaining succesful convictions can be very difficult as 95% of the cases are the victims word against the alledged perpetrator of the offence.

I hope all women and men who are victims of any sex offence feel strong enough to come forward and report it.
My wife ilhas dealt with numerous rapes and it is a henious crime however to balance my point there are also times when false allegations are made for varying reasons.

Evans should be allowed to play football again.Many wont agree but he has served his time.

Haha

EalingBlue2 said:
I guess my view is simple you do your time and once out you should be entitled to start again and make your living and contribute to society. I exclude from this exceptions such as not being allowed to work ever again (for some crimes) with children or vulnerable people.

I don't hold with the he could be innocent thing - the evidence was pretty clear that the woman concerned was in no position to consent. So he is guilty - he was found so by as good a judicial system as I have seen and he has done his time. Now if a club decides that they want him them he should be able to continue. I would strongly caution any club thinking about taking him on to think about it carefully and I would strongly caution him to think strongly about taking on such a public job after his conviction!

As for the false accusations comments - stats say that less than 2% of rapes result in reporting and a successful conviction - there have been a handful of wrongful convictions so I would say there are probably thousands of rapists out there free for every wrongly convicted man imprisoned .

The awful thing is that the attitude that so many accusations are false just leads to women being afraid to report crimes and leads to more rapists getting away with it!

Have you seen the video of the woman who was in no position to consent?

Have you seen the tweets the complainant sent after reporting the incident but before the trial?

Have you read the statements that the judge ruled to be insubmissable?

Just asking, genuinely,!

big gaz said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Reports of rapes,sex offences are very high..

Obtaining succesful convictions can be very difficult as 95% of the cases are the victims word against the alledged perpetrator of the offence.

I hope all women and men who are victims of any sex offence feel strong enough to come forward and report it.
My wife ilhas dealt with numerous rapes and it is a henious crime however to balance my point there are also times when false allegations are made for varying reasons.

Evans should be allowed to play football again.Many wont agree but he has served his time.

Haha

Is 'Haha' the best you can do?
Is it? Is that really your best?
You are fucking lightweight.

city91 said:
it does seem like a lot of the people who don't want him to play football feel that way through jealousy rather than anything else.

I agree to a point. As I said previously, I believe that he was convicted for being an utterly contemptuous, amoral, opportunist, scummy twat.

Which is not illegal of course.

But will his time in jail have improved him in terms of his personal values and behaviours?

And would you want those values and behaviours representing your Club?

Or in your dressing room?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.