Cheer up, Boyata

BlueIsh said:
brianstrousers said:
Can never get my head round why a player gets a standing ovation when they get sent off

His teammates pat him on the back and tell him it's okay... Supporters can't, so they stand up.
Why would they tell him its 'ok' getting sent off after 5 minutes and practically ending the game as a contest?

brianstrousers said:
BlueIsh said:
His teammates pat him on the back and tell him it's okay... Supporters can't, so they stand up.
Why would they tell him its 'ok' getting sent off after 5 minutes and practically ending the game as a contest?

Because he IS still a good player.

Standing up\telling him it's okay doesn't mean 'you did well getting a red card'. It's supporting your player\teammate who's feeling like shit.

BlueIsh said:
brianstrousers said:

Because he IS still a good player.

Standing up\telling him it's okay doesn't mean 'you did well getting a red card'. It's supporting your player\teammate who's feeling like shit.
Still think its sick

I, also, did not applaud him. The sending off cost us the match. Sure, we played well but got beat 3 - 0. We are well past the stage of being pleased we only got beat a bit. Hopefully Boyata learnt a big lesson today.

Palerider said:
I, also, did not applaud him. The sending off cost us the match. Sure, we played well but got beat 3 - 0. We are well past the stage of being pleased we only got beat a bit. Hopefully Boyata learnt a big lesson today.
Remember it happening against the dippers when Zab got sent off,that cost us the game too and was also sick

To be fair to the lad, it could have happened to anyone. Faced with the option of letting them through on goal or making a last ditch tackle, most defenders go for the latter, and it's always a gamble. Get it wrong and you risk a red. Kompany, Toure or Lescott may well have also got a red if it was them in that situation.

Really, you have to applaud the ball from Fabegras - it was that that caused us the problem.

He's only a kid in football terms, it cost us the game, but somehow, I think we weren't destined to win this, we'll beat West Brom away and be right back in it!

Mancini needs to put his arm around him. He makes these mistakes too often, he made a couple at Chelsea that went unpunished. Don't get me wrong, he'll be a good player but at the minute, this is what'll separate him from being a great player.

It was a stupid challenge.

Sorry, but if you play in the premiership then premier league standards apply. Boyata cost us the game and I hope he he knows it!

That said, it's not the end of his career and he may turn out to be a star. But cheer up tonight? Don't bother! Boyata deserves to feel like shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.