Cheers to my dad, Eamonn. Tell us about your dad (or mum)?

Pam

My dad came over from Dublin in 1963 and was a rag. Then he came to England and found out first hand that all rags are toilet and so he became a blue and over the following thirty years, he persuaded almost thirty people to follow our great club and many of them are now season ticket holders. Is this a record?

Good call, Eamonn, and thanks.

Thank Eamonn and post your dad stories here.

I thank my dad every day for making me blue.

Was never in question. He grew up a blue and even played for City in the late 60s (when they were last good) - only made it into the reserves never into the first team, but has some great stories ...best one being how he was down at Wembley as a fan in 1969 and was spotted by one of the first team and invited on the coach back with the players.

Still a massive blue to this day, and there's nothing more I love than going to the match with him, my husband, brother and son.

Pam said:
My dad came over from Dublin in 1963 and was a rag. Then he came to England and found out first hand that all rags are toilet and so he became a blue and over the following thirty years, he persuaded almost thirty people to follow our great club and many of them are now season ticket holders. Is this a record?

so what you are saying is he never supported his local club in Ireland and was a glory hunter who then changed his club FFs

and this is ok because he got a few to follow his current club ?

My Dad is glory hunter, he used to support the rags when he was a kid then for some reason changed to Liverpool in the 70s.

He was a Liverpool fan while I was growing up and now he is leaning more towards being a city fan.

I'm a blue because all of my Mam's side of the family are match going blues and I got took regularly when one of them couldn't go.

To be fair to my Dad he never tried to get us to be Liverpool fans as he was never going to take us to Liverpool and he did buy my season ticket from the age of 12 to 17.

whp.blue said:
Pam said:

so what you are saying is he never supported his local club in Ireland and was a glory hunter who then changed his club FFs

Are you a resident of Planet Twatzoid or something. Jesus, what an absolutely horrible post When he lived in the ROI, he was Shamrock Rovers first and like every Irish person on the Emerald Isle, had a soft spot for the rags sincevhe didn't know an awful lot about them because he didn't live here. Being exposed to the twats put paid to that. And, by the way, there was no such thing as a glory hunting rag forty years ago, you silly little shit, and became a blue when we were in the old division first division And he's had a season ticket through thick and thin ever since. Meanwhile, they then on to win the title 19 times and the Champions League and won 29 trophies before we won the FA Cup last year.

My dad takes great pride in being the absolute oppoiste of a glory hunter and started going to see City when they were in the old second division. He tales equal pride in persuading others to do like wise and he has every right to. Don't you fucking dare belittle bit him for that, you horrible, mean-spirited, bile merchant, dung-beetle.

Glory hunter????

Hang your head in shame, Your ought to be mortified, writing that. If I were you, I'd delete the entire post before I died of embarrassment.

DISpicable.

My Dad was a Celtic fan from Glasgow and had no interest in English football until the Munich air crash. After that, he started to follow Utd's results out of sympathy (his own words) until we moved to Manchester in 1980. Living in Ladybarn, he naturally started going to Maine Road and took me with him.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Thanks, Dad. RIP

My dad was at maine rd 1923 for the first match also grandad went to hyde rd to watch city,thanks to you both and rip.

whp.blue said:
Pam said:

chill out man... Local club in Ireland lol...<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:52 pm --<br /><br />
Pam said:
whp.blue said:
Pam said:

Are you a resident of Planet Twatzoid or something. Jesus, what an absolutely horrible post When he lived in the ROI, he was Shamrock Rovers first and like every Irish person on the Emerald Isle, had a soft spot for the rags sincevhe didn't know an awful lot about them because he didn't live here. Being exposed to the twats put paid to that. And, by the way, there was no such thing as a glory hunting rag forty years ago, you silly little shit, and became a blue when we were in the old division first division And he's had a season ticket through thick and thin ever since. Meanwhile, they then on to win the title 19 times and the Champions League and won 29 trophies before we won the FA Cup last year.

My dad takes great pride in being the absolute oppoiste of a glory hunter and started going to see City when they were in the old second division. He tales equal pride in persuading others to do like wise and he has every right to. Don't you fucking dare belittle bit him for that, you horrible, mean-spirited, bile merchant, dung-beetle.

Glory hunter????

Hang your head in shame, Your ought to be mortified, writing that. If I were you, I'd delete the entire post before I died of embarrassment.

DISpicable.

what a great response... well done & well deserved.

Dad enrolled me in the Junior Blues in the late seventies and never looked back being City since.
I've had a season ticket since 85 and used to stand on the Kippax with him back then, sadly he died back in 94 but sure he's watching now we finally have a side again to rival those he grew up watching back in the late sixties.

Pam said:
whp.blue said:
Pam said:

Glory hunter????

DISpicable.

I would like to point out that not every Irish person has an affinity with the rags.Go to the Magic Carpet in cornelscourt and City fans will outnumber any other side but bar that inaccuracy carry on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.