Cheers to my dad, Eamonn. Tell us about your dad (or mum)?

No idea how to quote off my phone. But on the first page
Someone said the magic carpet in cornelscourt is full of blues?
Is this for most matches?

Never was a debate.

Actually I have to thank my dad. My parents split up and I went to live with my mum in Loughborough when I was midway through primary school. She got together with a Rag who bought me all this merchandise and naturally, being the 7 year old kid I was, didn't bat an eyelid and carried on having the bed sheets and monopoly games blah blah.

Always kept in contact with my dad who as a result, took it upon himself to turn me and my brother into a blue. First game was at Maine Road against Sunderland and I'm pretty sure Paulo Wanchope scored a hattrick. Anyway, he got me to love city, almost as much as he does, and I've never looked back. All the stick at school was well worth it for the priceless moments, so thanks dad, it's been the best choice you have ever made for me.

Beswick Prize Bands Big Drum said:
Pam that was so funny, the planet twatzoid, I almost pissed myself
If you think the word twatzoid is piss funny then sorry pal but your a fucking gimp you creeping twat

My dad was a blue....and died a blue in 81 just after the cup final loss...

Shit times but 30 years is a long time.....

Still miss him but my kids 2 and 11 are bluer than blue...

RIP Old fella...Taking my mum on Monday who will be giving it large to the rags!

my late dad was a united fan(though his favorite player was ian rush?)
as we grew up in longsight we had city on the doorstep, we used to go city and united for about 3 monthsiin 87-88 then me and my brother said we didnt want to go united anymore, it was all city from there,im now a 20 years saeson ticket holder and my brother has been working for city starting as a yts groundsman in 91 and now is 3 x groundsman of the year,my dad was gutted

my dad was a dyed in the wool blue who got me started at a very young age, firstly with reserve games and then first team games. he applied for us to emigrate to australia but backed out at the last minute because he'd miss city - and that was one of those times when they were really shite!

My Dad had the Ducie Arms in Manchester, on Diva Street about 10 mins walk from Maine Road. He introduced me to the Blues and took me to my first ever game there against Gillingham. 4-1 we beat them! Such a shame when we moved to the Etihad as it lost a lot of its custom. That's how I became a City fan at the tender age of 6! Cheers Dad! :)

Mt dad (God bless him) was a rag through and through. he always claimed he played against Duncan Edwards for his school team on the Red Wreck (a red shale pitch) in Beswick (at the back of Talbot street I think it was) and Duncan Edwards turned his nose up at it as he didn't fancy playing on shale. Not sure if its true but he maintained it was until his dying day! As a young kid he took me to OT a couple of times to watch George Best etc. It didn't work (luckily) we moved from Beswick to Droylsden (a real blue stronghold!) and my older brother was a blue so I took his lead. He had the sense to get 2 tickets for the Derby at OT in '74 when the famous Dennis Law backheel happened (yes I was there!). They always go on about Law not celebrating but what will stick in my mind forever was Mike Doyle jumping around like a lunatic in celebration!
The Red Wreck did exist as I played on it loads of times as very young kid when my dad took us back to Beswick to visit my Gran. The great Duncan Edwards eh? Didn't fancy the shale!!

nicholasjackson said:
my late dad was a united fan(though his favorite player was ian rush?)
as we grew up in longsight we had city on the doorstep, we used to go city and united for about 3 monthsiin 87-88 then me and my brother said we didnt want to go united anymore, it was all city from there,im now a 20 years saeson ticket holder and my brother has been working for city starting as a yts groundsman in 91 and now is 3 x groundsman of the year,my dad was gutted
With many thanks to your brother my Dad's ashes lay beneath the cornerflag at the Etihad.

Unfortunately I have noone to thank by name for me being blue, my dad fucked off when I was about 3. My mum was a rag and a pisshead whilst wondering the streets as 8 year olds did back then I saw a big crowd (well as big to me as a kid, probably only about 5-6 of them) at a bus stop kitted out in blue and I was hooked by fascination, after dashing home and rather the drawers piggy bank teapots etc for lose change I was back at the bus stop and followed them onto the bus. When they got off I was amazed could see the huge stadium roof top in the distance and just got washed along by the sea of people heading in the same direction.

I didnt have enough to get in even though it was cheap as hell back then but stayed outside listening to the noise, I'ld found a programe on the floor which i still have somewhere City v Birmingham 1-0 win amazingly.

I am sure i probably tried to get in at a few places without success but those parts get erased from the memory as eventually they opened the massive gates and I ran in. The sheer amount of people the noise everything about it was ace, I couldnt see sod all so weaved my way to the front in the way only kids can do.

I was one of the last to leave still in shock and awe at the experience then realised what a beating i'ld get when I got home (this was much later than it should have been) as I did find the bus stop but got on it at the same side as I got off and ended up in Disbury, eventually I found a copper and told him i was lost they took me home to find out my mother hadnt even noticed I was missing. Great day very sore arse afterwards but well worth it.

I then started repeating the exercise only with constent and knowledge that the bus going home was on the other side of the road and after about 6 or 7 times of gettign on the bus with the same family the dad actually started taking me in for the start of the games with his kids. I cant even remember his name but he was an ace bloke and I am eternally grateful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.