Chelsea 2017/2018

Barca looked toothless going forward, which surprised me, despite having the ball just outside our box for long periods. Quite lucky to walk away with a respectable draw I think.

Fortune swings both ways, Willian being left unmarked on the corner is as much an error as the errant pass from Christensen that Iniesta won & fed to Messi. The 4-4-2 is painful to watch for many cules like myself but I also realize Dembélé is not going to be rushed considering the season he's had so far. There's just no one to really provide the width needed in the 4-3-3 and the fact that Valverde has milked this abomination of a tactic for as long as he has is a credit to the squad. Not sure we'll see the sort of Barcelona I hoped/expected to until next season when both Coutinho & Dembélé can make up the 4-3-3

This is coming from someone who rates him highly. I’ve always been a big fan of him. Doesn’t mean I can’t say he had a bad game.

Of course not but him being unable to stay in front of Willian is a far cry from having a bad game - look at his positioning on the pitch for passes

DWgozENXcAACTS3.jpg

Most touches - 152
Most passes completed - 128/139, 92% accuracy
Most tackles won - 6

Dictating, defending & creating - No one plays like this and certainly can't be described as bad

Of course not but him being unable to stay in front of Willian is a far cry from having a bad game - look at his positioning on the pitch for passes

DWgozENXcAACTS3.jpg

Most touches - 152
Most tackles won - 6

Dictating, defending & creating - No one plays like this and certainly can't be described as bad

The most under appreciated player in the world?

I think we may have a few, who would run him close.

DWgozENXcAACTS3.jpg

Most touches - 152
Most tackles won - 6

Some nice passing in that, doesn’t take away the fact that Hazard and Willian made him look like he was running in lead boots a numerous of times. I agree with the statement that he’s under appreciated, I’ve been one his biggest fans for years.

Fortune swings both ways, Willian being left unmarked on the corner is as much an error as the errant pass from Christensen that Iniesta won & fed to Messi. The 4-4-2 is painful to watch for many cules like myself but I also realize Dembélé is not going to be rushed considering the season he's had so far. There's just no one to really provide the width needed in the 4-3-3 and the fact that Valverde has milked this abomination of a tactic for as long as he has is a credit to the squad. Not sure we'll see the sort of Barcelona I hoped/expected to until next season when both Coutinho & Dembélé can make up the 4-3-3

That's fair, though I think a stray pass in front of our own box resulting in a Messi goal is more of a blatant error, but it's nothing more than semantics.

How do you think the 2nd leg will pan out? I think our speedy forwards put a little fear into Barca. Valverde would be stupid to go with a similar line up and approach. I think the bigger pitch in Barcelona will pose big problems for both teams, lots and lots of space for us to counter-attack you into oblivion, but also lots and lots of ground to cover without the ball for us when Barcelona are circulating possession.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.